Received as a gift

Sixes

I've worked shift work for the last 23 years and we have other plants in different areas of the state and one in Tennessee and we are all tied together as far being able to control and monitor their systems along with ours. Even though we rarely see one another, we talk on the phone every couple weeks and have been on fishing trips together and business trips together over the years, so we have become good friends.

Anyway, my coworker from the Macon area and I have been shift partners during this whole time frame. His last day of work is this Sunday and his official retirement is a few weeks from then. Well, another guy at his plant is also retiring and yesterday, they were having a retirement luncheon at their plant. I went down to see them and congratulate them.

Well, when I was leaving, my partner came up to me and gave me a tied up box and told me to open it when I got home. I opened and found these points and a few more. He had found them over the years while out hunting and roaming around. He doesn't collect points and just put them in the box. He knows that I like to look for points and decided to give me these to remember our working career together.

I've found hundreds of points over the years, but the big one that he gave me may be one of the finest that I have ever held and will have a special place in my case. It came out of Jones county.

Just thought I would share it.

Mikespoints.jpeg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Those are some fine points, and that was a great gesture on his part. That big preform is awesome, the knapper who made that had some serious skills.

Duff

Very nice! That big boy would make a fine centerpiece to any box.

ghadarits

Nice! That’s a something special gift right there.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I thought preform as well when I first saw it, but it is mighty thin.
It's done except for the stemming/notching.

Latest posts