Recoil lug

Bubba Watson

Gone but not forgotten.
I want to build a hunting/midrange rifle(500 yd) . Does the type of recoil lug used really matter? I want a chassis rifle, plan to buy and change later. That is after I have shot it first.

nmurph

A recoil lug would be the last thing I would worry about. If you are having a new barrel spun up for it then yes, I would have a precision ground lug installed while I had it apart. But there is far more to be gained with a trigger, bedding, and load work.

Bubba Watson

Gone but not forgotten.
A recoil lug would be the last thing I would worry about. If you are having a new barrel spun up for it then yes, I would have a precision ground lug installed while I had it apart. But there is far more to be gained with a trigger, bedding, and load work.
Thanks

Ray357

AWOL
I want to build a hunting/midrange rifle(500 yd) . Does the type of recoil lug used really matter? I want a chassis rifle, plan to buy and change later. That is after I have shot it first.
It really does matter. Stamped lugs can hurt accuracy badly. Depends on how straight they are and how rifle is bedded.

Latest posts