Recomended archery shops

Stump06

Satilla River Outdoors
200 N Madison Ave
Douglas, Ga 31533

They carry Hoyt, PSE, Bowtech, Elite, and Obsession bows with a good selection of accessories as well. Chris is a good tech and will take the time to get your bow shooting great. They have a drawboard, chronograph, and all the other tools to get the most out of any bow brought up there. I have been very pleased with their service.

BIG HUNT

The outdoor depot if you are in north east georgia! Went in yesterday to have a string and cable put on. Also had a quiver and arrows repaired. They had it done in 45 min!! Everyone in the place was friendly. This is my bow shop from now on!

reelx11

Is there a pro shop that have many lefthand bow selection to test out than other places that only have very few selections?

full house

Treetop Archery
879 Kingsbridge Road
Carrollton, Ga 30117
770-836-8891

Last year I bought three Diamond bows for my girls. Carl set them up and then did an awesome job with each one of them indivdually, watching them shoot and fine tuning their form. He has a great selection, carrying Elite, Bowtech,Diamond, and PSE, allong with all the fixings. This year, it's Daddy's turn! Hopefully picking up my new Elite Synergy next weekend! Again, I can't imagine going anywhere and getting any better service:clap:

Last edited:

DaveB

I'm new to bowhunting. I've only been hunting since 09, but I really like the thought of going out into the woods with only a bow, having that up close encounter with a deer in the woods. Anyway, I bought a bow, and needed it setup and tuned. Randy Cooper is the man for the job. No matter your experience level, he's got you covered. Such an awesome person with 40 years + experience. You'll gain a friend from your experience and hear some hunting stories while he's working on your bow. He also does great arrow work too! Thanks to this thread, I found his shop. I just wanted to post my experience. Give him a call and he'll be more than happy you called!

NonTypical Archery
205 Cherokee Springs Way
Woodstock, GA 30188

678-361-4106
1crazybowhunter@bellsouth.net

lbb

Pop's Outdoors
Cleveland, Ga
706-865-0499

Across the street from McDonalds.

Dale's been in the business a long time. Very knowledgeable about all brands of bows. Great place to get you or your bow fixed or just talk huntin', fishin' or anything else that may come up.

Scott209

Non typical archery

Took a 5 hour ride up to see Mr. Randy Cooper at Non-Typical archery on Wednesday, after having a few shops do a not so good job, I wanted the bow right. So I'll start by saying my expectations were, by far, passed. The amount of knowledge given to me from Mr. Randy made me wish I'd brought a note pad to jot down some of it. For new archers he takes the guess work out of it, he knows exactly what he's doing and takes the extra time to get it done right. I spent the whole day in the shop as he pretty much reworked my new dream season decree and gave me pointers on proper form. As I left that evening to come back home, I was happy that I had a 5 hour ride just to think about what all I'd been told. Once I started shooting it the next day I am now grouping at 20,30, and 40 yards pretty easily and will only get better with some practice. Just last week I was ready to throw the bow and everything I had with it in the trash. Now after a few days of it being right I'm gaining some confidence:fine:. If you need some bow work done and want to be certain it is done right the first time give Mr. Randy a call at (678)361-4106.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Took a 5 hour ride up to see Mr. Randy Cooper at Non-Typical archery on Wednesday, after having a few shops do a not so good job, I wanted the bow right. So I'll start by saying my expectations were, by far, passed. The amount of knowledge given to me from Mr. Randy made me wish I'd brought a note pad to jot down some of it. For new archers he takes the guess work out of it, he knows exactly what he's doing and takes the extra time to get it done right. I spent the whole day in the shop as he pretty much reworked my new dream season decree and gave me pointers on proper form. As I left that evening to come back home, I was happy that I had a 5 hour ride just to think about what all I'd been told. Once I started shooting it the next day I am now grouping at 20,30, and 40 yards pretty easily and will only get better with some practice. Just last week I was ready to throw the bow and everything I had with it in the trash. Now after a few days of it being right I'm gaining some confidence:fine:. If you need some bow work done and want to be certain it is done right the first time give Mr. Randy a call at (678)361-4106.

I dropped mine off with him last weekend for the first time. He blew me away with his knowledge and his willingness to share it. I can't wait to go pick it up and see the results.

BambiFearsMe

2nd Chance Archery

This is my first post to a GON forum, because I wanted to take the time to praise a company that very much deserves it.

I recently was in the market for a new bow and after much research I had decided that I was going to either buy an Obsession Bow or a BowTech bow. I ended up stumbling upon the website for 2ndchancearchery.com in Cumming, Georgia that sold Obsession Bows and interested me enough to give the owner Jeff Dixon a call. After just a phone call you, as did I, will have no doubt that his company is something worth checking out. It’s a small company that he runs on the side out of his basement, but don’t let that discourage you. The personal help and knowledge he’ll provide you with far exceeds anywhere else you’ll go. His interest is the bow that best suits you and your best interest and he won’t give you anything but his best. You will not find anyone that knows a bow and its mechanics better than him. And he’s fully stocked to customize a bow for you any way you want it. I cannot praise 2nd Chance Archery enough and will no longer go anywhere else for my bow needs. Checkout his website and give him a call, you will not regret it.

pacecars

Any of you in south Georgia or north Florida looking at Hoyt or PSE should consider Tallahassee Archery Center. They are also Coral Reef Scuba. They are in Tallahassee on Capital Circle NE just down from Home Depot and Kevin's. The owner Richard is very knowledgeable and will spend a lot of time making sure you have the right setup and are comfortable before you leave. This is the first pro-shop in the area I have been comfortable enough with to buy a bow from.

Dewey3

ALC Bowhunting Pro Shop in the Fountain Square Shopping Center at US 78 and McGee Rd in Snellville (search Archery Learning Center in Google Maps) is having a hunting bow blow out sale. They have Hoyt, Mathews and Mathews Mission bows. example: Mathews Z2 too cheap to publish and (2) 2014 Carbon Spyders. They will let you shoot these bows before buying.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Big shout out to the Outdoor Depot staff in Gainesville. Very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly as all get out.

BurdDawg

Pop's Outdoors
Cleveland, Ga
706-865-0499

Across the street from McDonalds.

Dale's been in the business a long time. Very knowledgeable about all brands of bows. Great place to get you or your bow fixed or just talk huntin', fishin' or anything else that may come up.

I agree after trying alot of Archery Shop. I'll drive the hour and half to Pop's Outdoors. Don't get no better than Dale. And Pop's keeps Dale and Gregg in line,,dw

joshb311

The Bow Shop
Hazlehurst, GA 31539
Fred Bush Road

Its 30 mins from Douglas, Vidalia, Alma, and McRae.

Call Chet or John Conley for information
912-253-0636 (John)
912-253-9786 (Chet)

There isnt any better or more savy guys in the business than these guys.

I couldn't agree more! These fellas are great! John and Chet both are professional, friendly and honest. I'd gladly recommend them to anyone.

KILL EM ALL

I do all my own work, the only person I will let touch my bows would be Dale Hope from Pops

Latest posts