Redfins Round 2

Redman54

We decided to try them again yesterday, and this time we brought momma. She is a true 'Gechee River swamp rat born and raised. She spanked our butts on the redfin. Not sure how she does it, but that's all she caught. I couldn't catch anything but warmouth and stump knockers, not that I'm complaining. Our son said she was a redfin whisperer and since she was catching them all, he was going to find a hog to shoot. We brought home some fish but he struck out on the pigs. Capture.JPGIMG_4923.JPGIMG_4924.JPGIMG_4925.JPG

Mauser

Good deal,some fine eatin right there. Used to catch a good many on Notchaway here around the house,but few and far betweeen now. Still a few down from me in baker co.

ccbiggz

Back in the day, me, my brother, and one of his friends loaded up a cooler full of beer and walked the Ohoopee River for an entire day catching Red Fins. It seems like we walked 10 miles through the swamp, I remember it being a haul, but it was a lot of fun. Red Fins have to be one of the most aggressive fish there is.

oldfella1962

That’s probably the best tasting freshwater fish that swims.

Do those redfins hit as fast as regular chain pickerel? I bet they are fun on light tackle!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Good deal,some fine eatin right there. Used to catch a good many on Notchaway here around the house,but few and far betweeen now. Still a few down from me in baker co.

I wonder if there`s any in Kiokee Creek?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, yeah! Never caught or seen one, but always wanted to. Seems like the blackwater swamp version of native brook trout fishing.