Release question

KevChap

Banned
I have a old tru ball release a friend of mine gave me about 15 years ago I use every season.. well it's about wore slap out. What's a good replacement? I've thought about going to a thumb release but I don't know how I'd like it. Looking online it's overwhelming and most stores I've went in only have a few in stock that I don't really like.

Tadder

I like True Ball releases but its too each his own. I was in Sam Bows Archery last friday , they had a good selection of True Ball releases and is got more coming in. Think he's head too a ASA Shoot this week so he may have them next week, 1st of July. Might be a good time too check and see. He's in Ila just 10min south of 85. Good luck this season.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Truefire, Truball and Scott are all very fine releases. The Truefire Hardcore wriststrap served me well for a bunch of years.

I switched to a handheld thumb release a year or so ago and went with a Whipper Snapper 3 finger. Didnt break the bank and I've fallen in love with it

CaptKeith

I got a Spot Hogg thumb release Last year—I’m really happy with it.

KevChap

Banned
How's the learning curve? Finding new anchor points and all? I want to try one. I started to order one but the reviews was talking about a lot of dry fires.. the one I was looking at had two adjustments one for the thumb and the other for the tension. They said it would back off and dry fire. That scares me

Hillbilly stalker

I have several, I prefer a Scott’s with a buckle….no Velcro. I often see numerous releases at the pawnshops for next to nothing. I have 6-8 that I switch out all summer. It keeps me focused on the squeeze, their all different and i wanna keep that “ surprise” release. I hunt with a Scott’s.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I like the trusomething smoke I got It has a buckle and I like it way better than the Velcro…..and it folds back into your cuff.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
How's the learning curve? Finding new anchor points and all? I want to try one. I started to order one but the reviews was talking about a lot of dry fires.. the one I was looking at had two adjustments one for the thumb and the other for the tension. They said it would back off and dry fire. That scares me

The trigger can be adjusted on about any release whether handheld or thumb release. Set too light and it can fire early.

I tried a handheld years ago and never got used to it, started again early last year and havent looked back.

Hunter922

You would get use to it faster than you think. Hopefully you can find a shop or a fellow archer to let you shoot theirs. Once you want to get one look at archerytalk you will find some that will work for you.
I shoot a Stanislowski shootoff 4 finger and she's sweet.. good luck

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
You would get use to it faster than you think. Hopefully you can find a shop or a fellow archer to let you shoot theirs. Once you want to get one look at archerytalk you will find some that will work for you.
I shoot a Stanislowski shootoff 4 finger and she's sweet.. good luck

Also, search for Nothing But Releases group on FB (yeah they are the debil). Huge group

burkehunter

I cant get comfortable with a strapped release anymore. It's all handheld thumb releases for me. I currently shoot a tru ball max hunter 3 finger release. Been shooting it for years. I just bought a tru fire hardcore revolution 4 finger. I like releases that have heads that rotate. I shot the old hardcore 4 finger years ago and fell in love. But bow that it has a rotating head, I'm excited to shoot with it. I am also looking forward to a bulkier release.