Reloading question- primers

Jester896

Senior Clown
the 61/2 Remington isn't suitable for ARs IIRC
#41 are .025 thick too...that may be the key at .025 for safe use in an ARs

I doubt any of us would have an issue with a semi-auto

i don't think the issue is shooting...i think it is safety

bullgator

Federal makes a SR, SR match, and a SR match AR primer. 0763DC39-80CA-4845-80A4-3CDDE7C8B041.jpegF05727C0-6101-443A-889E-180BD913F404.jpeg

bullgator

When your checking thousands of rounds of machine loaded ammo for primer issues… that right there will drive you craaazy:D
I don’t think I’ll be going through that suffering anytime soon….:wink:

menhadenman

I don’t know half as much as most guys on here but have shot maybe 10k rounds through maybe 8 ARs in last few years and haven’t seen a slam fire. I’ve used a pile of 400s, 450s, BR4s, and the match primers. Recently scored 1k of the 41s, they’ve been good. Would be happy to trade some for large rifle magnum if anyone is in union county anytime soon.

rosewood

Last edited:

bullgator

What a sneaky way to have customers favor your primers over some other brand.
I see it as a sign primers are going to become more available in the near future. They’re just trying to squeeze out some high profit margin sales before they hit the market. It seems to me about $120 of that price is the primers.

rosewood

I see it as a sign primers are going to become more available in the near future. They’re just trying to squeeze out some high profit margin sales before they hit the market. It seems to me about $120 of that price is the primers.
I just picked up 1k of Federal SP at BPS for $79.99 Sunday. I had to eat crow as I said I wouldn't pay more than $60, but at least I got some.

Rosewood

menhadenman

I've been seeing a bunch of SPP and SRP over the past couple weeks. Powders becoming a little more available, too. I think you're right that the market might be cooling down a little. Hopefully.

bullgator

I just picked up 1k of Federal SP at BPS for $79.99 Sunday. I had to eat crow as I said I wouldn't pay more than $60, but at least I got some.

Rosewood
:rofl:
Im going to make you feel better about that. I said the same thing not long ago. Guess what, I’m waiting on my delivery of the exact same primers from PV............$105 delivered....:O
If your eating crow, I guess it’s a raven on my plate.

rosewood

:rofl:
Im going to make you feel better about that. I said the same thing not long ago. Guess what, I’m waiting on my delivery of the exact same primers from PV............$105 delivered....:O
If your eating crow, I guess it’s a raven on my plate.
I would have bought 2 bricks, but they had a limit of 1. Guy sold me 500 to start with said it was limit, then I found sign that said 1k was limit and so he sold me the other 500.

Rosewood

bullgator

I would have bought 2 bricks, but they had a limit of 1. Guy sold me 500 to start with said it was limit, then I found sign that said 1k was limit and so he sold me the other 500.

Rosewood
I was hoping to spread out the haz charge by buying more. They had 1000 limit and never seem to have SP and LP in stock at the same time. If I could have bought 1of each, that would have helped some.

BriarPatch99

I don’t know half as much as most guys on here but have shot maybe 10k rounds through maybe 8 ARs in last few years and haven’t seen a slam fire. I’ve used a pile of 400s, 450s, BR4s, and the match primers. Recently scored 1k of the 41s, they’ve been good. Would be happy to trade some for large rifle magnum if anyone is in union county anytime soon.

That has been my experience .... with the exception of the #41 .... Zero problems with 400, 450, BR4, WSR, & S&B ....Federal are not common in my LGS.