Remembering A Great

herb mcclure

While remembering this weekend, I would to submit that ten years ago, September 09, 2012 the outdoors's world loss one of it's greatest woodsman of all times. Extraordinary, Grouse hunter, Turkey hunter, and Deer hunter, who was Arthur Fats Truelove. For those of us who new him personally, we will never again in our modern world see his equal.

2dye4

While remembering this weekend, I would to submit that ten years ago, September 09, 2012 the outdoors's world loss one of it's greatest woodsman of all times. Extraordinary, Grouse hunter, Turkey hunter, and Deer hunter, who was Arthur Fats Truelove. For those of us who new him personally, we will never again in our modern world see his equal.
I know from reading you books that you all we very close. Great books by the way!!

turkeyhuntinfool

I knew Arthur who was a good friend of mine also. I shared the turkeys woods with him many times as well quite a few days riding in his pickup keeping tracks of the many flocks of birds he kept an eye on year around down around Washington, Ga. He not only knew where the different flocks were but poults counts for each group. This was before a lot of that country was taken up by hunting club. He knew countless numbers of property owners and had permission across several counties in that area. The other place that Arthur loved was Piedmont National where he spent countless hours not only hunting but also volunteering to help in many activities. In fact he was awarded a plague in his name for the volunter work he did there at Piedmont. Arthur was a simple man. He loved the outdoors and was very good at anything he set his mind to. As well as I remember he only wore only two different outfits based on the time of the year. From late May until October he wore Liberty blue overalls with a white T shirt while he worked as a block mason. Late October until late May he stopped working and changed the clothes to Liberty Camo Overalls and a camo T Shirt. Arthur hunted everyday of turkey season without fail in all of the years I knew him before he passed. He truly is an outdoor legend and I will always thank two people for my love of chasing wild turkeys. Arthur Truelove and you my friend Herb McClure !

doehunter

I knew Arthur who was a good friend of mine also. I shared the turkeys woods with him many times as well quite a few days riding in his pickup keeping tracks of the many flocks of birds he kept an eye on year around down around Washington, Ga. He not only knew where the different flocks were but poults counts for each group. This was before a lot of that country was taken up by hunting club. He knew countless numbers of property owners and had permission across several counties in that area. The other place that Arthur loved was Piedmont National where he spent countless hours not only hunting but also volunteering to help in many activities. In fact he was awarded a plague in his name for the volunter work he did there at Piedmont. Arthur was a simple man. He loved the outdoors and was very good at anything he set his mind to. As well as I remember he only wore only two different outfits based on the time of the year. From late May until October he wore Liberty blue overalls with a white T shirt while he worked as a block mason. Late October until late May he stopped working and changed the clothes to Liberty Camo Overalls and a camo T Shirt. Arthur hunted everyday of turkey season without fail in all of the years I knew him before he passed. He truly is an outdoor legend and I will always thank two people for my love of chasing wild turkeys. Arthur Truelove and you my friend Herb McClure !
Awesome

Latest posts