Remington 1100

Headsortails

For my money, you can't beat them. I have five, ech one set up s little different for different game. I just bought a 90's model as my duck gun. New synthetic stocks, new Carlson chokes, new beads, new Limbsaver pad etc. They are not expensive so you can play with them.

jandr1

AWESOME gun, i have two, but they're more of upland or trap shooting guns, but if you have a magnum you would have a great duck gun

35 Whelen

Bought one in 1973, had 3 barrels for it, full, modified, and slug with rifle sights. Sold it the next year, still regret that move.

Oldstick

My dad has had his since 1978 still has the original o rig and has yet to jam or misfire!

Personally I think the o-ring "issue" is way over stated. Unless someone is shooting regular competition volume levels, they last much, much longer than most people think before causing any kind of problem. But what the heck, they can be found online cheap, and if replacing it makes someone feel better, so be it.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Got mine in 1978. Got my Dads from about 76. Nothing done to either one of them. Rabbits, doves, first deer, first turkey. Fine gun.

Quepos1

I have a model 1100, Tournament Skeet model with a 26" barrel and skeet choke. I shot skeet competitively for many years and shot at least 20 rounds of skeet per week in practice for 10 years. all with the same 1100 which I still like to use foe quail hunting with the skeet choke.

Posted from Gon.com App for Android

LT6767

A fine shotgun indeed.... used an an old beat up 12ga with a fixed Mod choke and 00 buckshot to take a buck this season. No complaints from the deer..

Reactions: Dub

little rascal

Only drawback to the 1100 is, it will not shoot 3" shells, which most people shoot ducks with.

Got an old little 20ga. 1100, it had a magnum receiver per Remingtons serial numbers. Bought a steel shot barrel that was 2 3/4 and 3" capable. Good little bird gun. I wouldn't shoot 3" mag lead in it, but steel is much lighter and easier on the receiver. Problem with the older 2 3/4 barrels they would not let a 3" shell open and eject it.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
It's only the most proven auto-loading shotgun design of all time.

Mine is a 70's model with an IC straight pipe. I keep thinking I'll buy a new Remchoke barrel for it but I pass it up every time. Back before the lead shot restriction I killed ducks with it like tomorrow wasn't going to come. I've shot quail, dove, rabbits, turkeys and skeet with it. It is truly the do everything and anything shotgun.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I have an 1187, love that gun.

Very reliable and easy to shoot.

It has an extended mag and mag light.

I retired it from hunting. Home security gun.

If you see it in my wife's hands, run.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Back before the lead shot restriction I killed ducks with it like tomorrow wasn't going to come. I've shot quail, dove, rabbits, turkeys and skeet with it. It is truly the do everything and anything shotgun.

Agreed and wholeheartedly.

Were you ever able to find a good skeet recipe?

macbeth

keep it clean and service the o ring and it will not let you down. all mine does is bust clays, but thats what it was made for.