Remington 742 Chamber

SWAMPFOX

Does anyone know of any device that can be had to get a really good look at the chamber of a Remington 742. Most of the issues from what I can understand deal with the chamber and the neat for it to be cleaned. However, I never can tell when I am actually seeing the chamber. Years ago a friend had a small mirror device he got in the Army to use to look in the chamber of M-1 and M-14 rifles but he died and it disappeared.
Thanks.

BriarPatch99

You can purchase a bore scope from Amazon for about $40 that you can connect by USB to your laptop or other computer ...

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have a WiFi from Kimball Midwest that works pretty good... but not anywhere close to my Hawkeye Rigid

frankwright

Actually if you are really concerned about the condition it is pretty easy to remove the barrel.
My Stepson gave me a 740 that was in pretty bad shape, dirty and a strip of pitting on the barrel like some on dripped blood on it and left it.
I took it completely apart and gave the barrel, bore and chamber a really good scrubbing and cleaned up the rust the best I could.
It has been a fun, reliable gun ever since.
You can also pot a small light in the receiver area and look from the muzzle and get an idea of how good or bad the chamber area is.
Good Luck!

Latest posts