Remington 870 still in production?

bjorns4

I’ve been looking for a camouflage 870 and they are all sold out. Are they still in production?

GregoryB.

I have seen a lot of wood and blue 870 Pumps here in WV lately but not any camo models in the stores.

lampern

Remington Arms went defunct but was brought back in a different form

Today's Remington is not the same as the previous

bjorns4

What are the issues with the new 870? Are they not reliable anymore? I guess I may have to bite the bullet and look at a good semi auto

Stevie Ray

A couple of years ago (Spring of '20 IIRC) I ran across an 870 Super Mag in Hardwoods camo in the display at the nearby Walmart, told the young lad I'd buy it and after searching "Everywhere in the back..." he determined this was the only one left in the store so I bought and walked out with that particular gun to which he was able to find the original box and whenever I searched the the letters stamped on the barrel (AL) my best assumption is that the gun was manufactured in March of 2017. I'm thinking I picked it up for somewhere between 3 and 4 hundred bucks.

I thought it was odd there was a three year gap in the manufacturing date and the display or sales date though a big box store and thought maybe it got shuffled in the back of the store and was just never put on display for a couple of years.

Keep your eyes open, you'll never know what you may run across even in the big box stores.

BTW, the 870 Super Mag I bought is a great shotgun that has ran flawless with everything I've shot in it and has three turkeys under it's belt so far!

Dub

Remington Arms went defunct but was brought back in a different form

Today's Remington is not the same as the previous

The question I always have is which version of the previous was still within “the good years “ era...

I miss the Remington that was banging away 20+ years ago.

Then again I miss a pile of stuff from that timeframe, too. :rofl: