Removing pain driveler #337

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Can someone explain to me why folks on the coast need power more than we do? Power companies send teams down there when their primary customers are down.

Actually that’s a good question for as long as y’all have been out of power.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Yeah, the power company is telling folks next Monday in some areas. Why did we send trucks to the coast then?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Yeah, the power company is telling folks next Monday in some areas. Why did we send trucks to the coast then?

Yep, didn’t expect Zeta to still be packing so much punch by the time the remnants got up this way.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

And my closest neighbor who works for Snapping Shoals did two tours in the coast first 2 weeks and then 10 days but he is home today with his regularly scheduled day off. Thought we needed linemen.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
There several huge trees down on power lines along 20. Nothing has been done towards clearing those trees as yet.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Can someone explain to me why folks on the coast need power more than we do? Power companies send teams down there when their primary customers are down.
I'm sure H22 could answer this better than me, but from what I understand from listening to him for 30 some odd years is that if bad weather is approaching our area they don't send crews to other states. They get with other states and they all work together. I'm sure a lot of Florida crews were sent to LA. right now. I know for a fact Pike in Monroe didn't send anybody. He delivers parts to them daily and still has a good relationship with all of them. I can't speak for GA Power.

Last edited:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
From what I understand G.P. stationed all of their crews just south of 85 to be out of the "strike zone" and they started working their way north east after the storm passed. Kinda like'n being a member of Graystone about now, we were only out less than 6 hours and my brother (1 1/2 mile away) never lost power.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Son in Kennesaw is still without power.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
@blood on the ground aint this purdy! I think you know where this is.
122886930_10221516677138948_6070942566413181350_n.jpg

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
We do storm response for several utilities...basically send two-person crews out to identify/report damaged equipment. The utility prioritizes those based on how many customers they can get turned back on the fastest. If there's a line down near a crew that'll only re-energize a couple homes, and one 10 miles away that'll re-energize 100 homes, the 100-home line gets first dibs.

I know that a huge chunk of Marietta, west of Johnson's Ferry and north of Lower Roswell Rd was out until late yesterday. That has to be something akin to 20 or 30,000 residents. It took until almost 10pm to get them (including me) back on. At one point, three of the 4 roads I can take to get into my neighborhood were blocked with bucket trucks and/or tree crews yesterday afternoon.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
About to go get a covid test. I have 9 of the 12 symptoms.

Not good. Hope the test shows negative and you feel better quickly.

If not, try and get the drugs they gave the President or plasma.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I talked the Tree guy into joining the forum that just left after working up a quote for me on tree removal and cleanup.

Keep an eye out for the “Hungarian Barbarian”, cool guy.

:bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.