Reputable ammo retail seller

JR924

Working out a deal with an ammo maker to make me some hunting loads. However, they cannot sell directly to me. They asked for a list of ammo retail outlets near me. I did not ask about online retailers so I will do that. I plan to pre-purchase the ammo before it arrives at the retailer. However I have heard of horror stories of retailers not being ethical in the prior and current gun and ammo shortages. I am afraid the retailer might:

1. Gouge me on price. I am sue the manufacturer will be fair but he has no control over the retailers pricing. I do not mind paying an inflated price but paying like $45 for ammo that use to cost $19 a year ago is something I want to avoid.

2. Sell the ammo to someone else for a higher profit.

3. Just stock the ammo on their shelves either thru error or more profit.

Even prepaying, my only damages for the above would be refund of my purchase price. I would still be screwed.

I have heard several people tell me Adventure Outdoors gave them problems on gun purchases. I have not had a problem with them but my purchases have been in stock and small. Everybody I know has given good marks to Cherokee Gun and Pawn and my dealings with several gun purchases have been great and prices on the cheap side. Their policy of not charging a firearm transfer fee is noteworthy. Please advise of any ammo retailers you can recommend. Would prefer in northwest metro Atlanta but do not mind driving as I plan to buy as much as I can afford. Purchase will be at least 100 rounds plus anymore I can get and afford. Anyway hopefully I can find someone I am comfortable with that the ammo maker will sell to. Thank you in advance for replies.

Jester896

Senior Clown
i don't understand why the ammo manufacture can't send it directly to you. Unless it is their policy to only sell wholesale and you are a retail customer.

frankwright

Seems like you are going to a lot of expense and trouble for a hunting load.
Could you not just buy the components and help a local reloader put the ammo together exactly like you want it?
From experience handloads will usually beat factory ammo in accuracy if you do it right.
Good Luck anyway!

Lilly001

Reed’s ammo and research will sell and ship direct to you. And they will custom load or sell you their standard load.
The only problem is they are out of stock on most stuff now , like everyone else.

JR924

Thanks for the responses. Norma did not have my ammo but Reed's has a good variety of ammo for my caliber. But none of it is in stock. The ammo maker that is working with me is a large good qaulity commercial company that does do wholesaling. I just was lucky to find a factory rep that will help. The ammo shoots well out of my gun but I want a tougher bullet. I do have a handloader I am working with but think the factory load will work and be 1/2 cheaper than the handload. i am going to keep an eye on the Reed's website as they have a load that is just perfect in performance. Plan to try several difference full power loads in my rifle including factory and handloads. The ammo that I don't go with for hunting will suffice for practicing and short range deer hunting.

rosewood

A man's gotta know his limitations..

JR924

I am looking for 8x57 JS mauser with a tough 175-200 grain partition or monometal bullet for bull elk. Want energy to be equivalent to a 30-06 180 grain fairly hot factory load. Note in my original question, can anybody recommend a metro Atlanta ammo retailer I can trust for special factory order earmarked for me to purchase. See original post for concerns.
Thanks for all the replies.