Resealing fiberglass canoe?

Lukikus2

Fiberglass is showing on the bottom. Should I use a epoxy to seal it? And if so is any better than others. Thanks

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Just patched up and old SluCat, using a fiberglass kit with the epoxy, Auto Zone.

Lukikus2

Was planning on epoxy but found this in a big box store. Since the canoe had no real damage I figured it was worth a shot. Sanded down all areas including stress cracks and sealed. Dries in 2 hours then I'm going to put it in the ool and see what happens. The instructions say nothing about a second coat, just paint afterwards. IMG_6681.PNGIMG_6682.PNGIMG_6683.PNG

hopper

Was planning on epoxy but found this in a big box store. Since the canoe had no real damage I figured it was worth a shot. Sanded down all areas including stress cracks and sealed. Dries in 2 hours then I'm going to put it in the ool and see what happens. The instructions say nothing about a second coat, just paint afterwards. View attachment 1153093View attachment 1153094View attachment 1153095
That is the resin you put over fiberglass cloth. It definitely doesn't hurt and would create a layer of protection on its own.
Looks like your gel coat (paint) has worn through exposing the fiberglass.
You could buy a bottom paint, polyurethane or gel coat to repaint.