Rest easy Shine

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
My ole girl passed last week to cancer. HRCH Union Hills American Made MH QAA..... Aka Shine. She was a ball of fire, only failed 2 tests her whole hunt test career, and absolutely hated a duck. She wasn't slowed down but about 3 weeks, which was a blessing. Her last hunt was on Jan 10 I believe. Rock solid in the blind and a pleasure on the couch at camp. 9 yrs old.... Too young ole girl. One day me, you, and Lyza will be shooting doubles with lead shot and taking turns bring em to hand Screenshot_20220129-072734_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20220129-072812_Photos.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hate to hear it, man. They sure can crawl right down into your heart and feels, can't they?

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Hate to hear it, man. They sure can crawl right down into your heart and feels, can't they?
Yessir I still tear up. But gosh dang what a ride! We hunted 6 states and ran trials and tests in about that many too.

Gator89

My lab will be 10 this year.

Her daddy, Dash, passed at 7 or 8.

But her mama, Lily, is still kicking at 11ish, so I hope Hagan takes that after her mama.

Dash was a great pheasant hunter, Lily was not and is just a pet.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I look at it this way: if dogs lived as long as we did, we would only get to know one or two.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
"Well, a good dog on the ground's worth three in the saddle
No matter where you're from
Been many good dog was a friend to a man
But Sam was the greatest one
He was a hound of hounds
He was the wonder of all walkers
He loved howlin' at the moon
He loved treein' that raccoon
Most of all, he was my best friend
And he's gone too soon"

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I often sing that sturgill Diddy nowadays and replace the name.

hawkeye123

What a great life Shine had..tough tough loss, bout the only consolation is she got to hunt right to the end, when I lost my black female lab at 6 she had been hunting the same day I lost her .. great pics , can tell she was really loved big time!