Resumes

pbradley

Anyone use a professional resume writing service? Recommend one?

johnnyk2000

I do not ever recommended paying someone for a resume. The best person to do a resume is yourself and customize it to the job announcement with your experience. Are you looking for a general resume or something for a specific job announcement?

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Look at online resources like indeed.com, and glassdoor.com. write your own. 2 pages, max. No headshot photo. Double and then triple check your spelling and grammar. Match the listed experience and accomplishments to the opportunity. Tweak it for each different company you send it to.

There....saved you a few hundred in consulting fees.

Big7

The Oracle
I'll do it for you.

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
It actually will help if you have a connection to someone who's done recruiting. They can give you insights into the type of little things that add up to better results.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Here’s a hint in case you don’t know. The initial review of your resume is automated at larger companies. The computer does a word search for keywords about skills and experience listed in the posting. Getting a human to see your resume takes getting past the automated word search. Hence, tailor your resume to the posting.

REDMOND1858

Anyone use a professional resume writing service? Recommend one?
I’ve never used one. Hopefully won’t ever have to, But know several people who tried to get a job on base for years and never got a call back. Hired someone to do their resume and got a call within a week or 2.

Like someone above said, it’s about keywords.

earlthegoat2

I have also considered it in the distant past. Never did. Just went online and did what the internet said to do and since then have been pleased with my resume doing what it’s supposed to do. .

Actually getting some kind of communication back from the employer is all a resume will do when it works best. The best resume in the world won’t land you a position.

pbradley

I thought ellabell was near brooklet? I wasn’t sure if you were looking, but might have had a good lead if you were still at TM
Thanks, but I'm good. I was asking for the librarian.