Reveal problem

buckmanmike

One of my original Reveal has stopped sending pics. I pulled the camera the other day. In set-up mode it has error msg of no sim. I removed card and reinserted. Still says no sim. I have tried calling CS numerous times and have stayed on hold for a person several times. Twice over 30 minutes, once over an hour. All I get is a canned text msg saying they hope my problem is fixed. I have sent emails with my phone number. Cannot get any human response.
Does anyone know how to fix my problem, or know a better way to contact CS.

JROESEL

There’s a thread in hear about somebody putting some tape on the SIM card to make it have better contact on the contact points, that could be your issue

buckmanmike

Update:
I recieved an email from Tatacam. They requested some info so they could send me a new sim card free of charge. It took them several days but seems like they are doing as they should. They also sent me info on how to update my firmware.
I'll post up when/if sim card arrives.
Thanks Tactacam.

rosewood

Update:
I recieved an email from Tatacam. They requested some info so they could send me a new sim card free of charge. It took them several days but seems like they are doing as they should. They also sent me info on how to update my firmware.
I'll post up when/if sim card arrives.
Thanks Tactacam.
I imagine this time of year is their busiest.

glynr329

Anyone having issues with the Reveal again. Yesterday said no pictures but did now. It is saying 1379 pictures but none. All 3 cameras are doing the same.

Grunt-n-bleat

They are rebuilding the server on Amazon Web Servers. It went down this morning, should be back online, without picture count on app.

BUCKFAT

Yep they have grown so fast that AWS could not keep up with all the pics coming in. One way they kept it from crashing was to put everyone’s pic count to 0. They are looking into more servers by other suppliers. They are also hiring more customer service people to keep up with the demand. Give them a little time and they will get everything back running smooth.

Todd E

They must be working on it again. Im showing zero cams again since about 9am.

BUCKFAT

Its a global outage. Companies every where are down.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Just by chance I pulled my cameras today to change battery ?.
Moving locations also for pics.

rosewood

Mine also.

outdoorman

When I began reading this post I began feeling uneasy; I just placed an order for 3 Reveal X cameras yesterday.
Hope I won't be having any issues.

Grunt-n-bleat

Most of the issues lately are due to the AWS servers being overwhelmed. With the addition of the new models: XB and SK, and thousands of new cameras AWS couldnt keep up. However, I am a little dismayed that they; Tactacam and Amazon Web Services, didn't anticipate this issue in advance.

rosewood

I did a search on the Amazon server, and they were having issues across multiple platforms, not just Tactacam. So not sure TC can take the blame for that other than by choosing Amazon as the server instead of someone else.