Rich Mountain WMA

Good evening folks. I am headed up to Rich Mountain WMA November 17-20 for an archery hunt. Just curious what the general consensus is about this particular WMA. I would assume that because it is archery only and rifle season is in full tilt, we shouldn’t run into too many other hunters.

hunter84

Rich mountain has two different tracts one has a gun hunt 11/22-11/28 buck only all other days are Archery buckonly the second tract is called cartecay wich is bow only and either sex that's the tract I hunt they are e few people who hunt it and they hunt all different days I usually hunt during the week so you never know when or where someone is going hunt it's plenty big enough just make sure you hunt past the safety zone because of the 3D range they don't want anyone getting hurt and people shoot at the range all the time it circles the big food plot as you come in you will see it.

Rich mountain has two different tracts one has a gun hunt 11/22-11/28 buck only all other days are Archery buckonly the second tract is called cartecay wich is bow only and either sex that's the tract I hunt they are e few people who hunt it and they hunt all different days I usually hunt during the week so you never know when or where someone is going hunt it's plenty big enough just make sure you hunt past the safety zone because of the 3D range they don't want anyone getting hurt and people shoot at the range all the time it circles the big food plot as you come in you will see it.
Appreciate the feedback. With us getting in before the rife hunt I am hoping the pressure on the big tract will be minimal other than recreational bike and foot traffic.