Rifle Season - Opening Evening Dinner?????

H

HT2

Alright, I know it's only a few weeks away and I was wonderin' if you/ya'll have a "BIG THROWDOWN" at your Huntin' Camp????

What do ya'll usually have for dinner?????

Our's is still up in the air......

I gotta decide and ain't quite got it narrowed down yet......

WHATYAHAVE????????? ::huh:

TurkeyCreek

tim,

yep..we have a clubhouse at our camp and on the night of opening day we have a big pot-luck dinner. after dinner we present award for best scoring buck from the previous year and draw the raffle ticket for our annual gun raffle (i won last year!)...good time had by all :clap:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I usually have saved up some fresh Tenderloin that will have been marinating for a couple of days. We eat that for an appetizer and then load up on some type of peas (black eye w/ jalepeno) and green beans and maybe some ribs or bbq chicken.

Jim

cfbutler31

we usually have a big ole steak dinner with all that goes with it friday night just to get things started. then we slow cook a pig all day saturday and have hash, brunswick stew, potatoe salad, and a nice cold beer. looking forward to it, especially some cold weather to go with it all.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Last year we had a fish fry with all the trimmings, though the camp cook left us so I don't know what we'll do this year... ::huh:

Another fish fry would be nice though if'n we had some fish. I've got some though not nearly enough for the whole crowd.

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
The last couple of years -- we've cooked a Pig and had all the trimmings.

Mighty fine eating. :bounce:

Jeff Phillips

We buy some whole ribeyes, then cut however many steaks we need to feed everyone and use all the meat. 1 year they were over 2 1/2" thick :bounce: 1 guy in camp calls em "Flintstone Steaks" cause they would turn Fred's car over :p

We cook sweet taters on coals from the fire and a very small salad to go with it.

How2fish

We usally cook a hindquarter or two. Maybe Smoke a boston butt, buy a bushel of oysters, bake taters, big salad ect. Can't wait!

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
we have opening day cookouts every night. smoked salmon, steaks, kabobs, bbq chicken, backstraps, ribs, vegies, salads, you get the picture! :cool:

Guy

We always eat pretty good. Last year one of our members who is an EMT and cooks in contests did some ribs and sausage last year.

Who knows what's in store this year. Maybe some Oysters for a starter. We had a bunch last year. Then to some kind of meat with all the trimmings.

Never had a bad meal at camp!

H

HT2

Hmmmmm???????

Ah, good!!!!!!!!

Now I got a bunch of choices to choose from......

Let's see who's gonna get a visitor opening weekend....... :bounce: :bounce:

DoDahDaze

Pig Question

For those of you that do a pig at camp, do you cook it whole or just BBQ small pieces?

If you cook it whole, how do you do it? Been thinking about doing a whole pig and need ideas on how to cook it. I know it's time consuming, but would welcome any words of wisdom from someone who has done it before.

slow motion

Seems weve pretty much hashed out game warden interactions and not a lot else going on so I've been reading old threads lately. Wondered if anybody still does this kinda thing? 2 years ago in Illinois one of the guys grilled steaks. Another time a guy had a couple crockpots of food. Last year I went and visited brother @Jim Boyd and ate with him and his brother as well as enjoyed a libation and lively conversation. Before that however I haven't done anything similar in several years. What about yall?

Man you sure enough dug up and ole one.. 20 years One. lol.. I don’t reckon people take time too much to do these things like they use to. Everybody always in a hurry.. I’m sure some older folks might that have time retired or just ole Traditions. It’s an act of god to get people together for anything anymore

Last edited: