RIP Bunny

GoldDot40

49596056_1177368369098861_3486842643474808832_n.jpg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Somewhere an owl is having a good supper.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Yeah it is.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Is there some detail that proves it was an owl and not a hawk?

Hawk is not hardly big and strong enough to fly off with a rabbit, especially a snowshoe hare. A great horned owl is.

Cmp1

BANNED
I know most Owls are nocturnal,,,,but in all the years up here in the sticks,I have yet to see one,plenty of eagles,osprey,Hawks,but never an owl,,,,think I'm going to build a barn owl box,,,,

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I know most Owls are nocturnal,,,,but in all the years up here in the sticks,I have yet to see one,plenty of eagles,osprey,Hawks,but never an owl,,,,think I'm going to build a barn owl box,,,,

Great horned owls hunt in the daylight too. We have a pair that live around the house, and another pair that stay in the longleaf pine savanna where I do a lot of hunting. I see that pair a lot. They are death on every small critter that ventures out. Got this one from the deer stand.Great horned.jpg

Cmp1

BANNED
Great horned owls hunt in the daylight too. We have a pair that live around the house, and another pair that stay in the longleaf pine savanna where I do a lot of hunting. I see that pair a lot. They are death on every small critter that ventures out. Got this one from the deer stand.View attachment 955290
Nice,I just have never seen one,,,,plenty of prey here,ie,field mice,snakes,rabbits,etc,,,,