Rivals All-Decade Team

tjl1388

ESPN gave the nod to the 2004 USC team as team of the decade....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=4841759

And why do you think none of USC's NCAA violations get any E$PN attention? The same reason that USC can be a 4-5 loss team and still sniff the top 15 in the polls.

If you haven't realized that ESPN slobbers all over USC's jock then you need to go back to watching college lacrosse. USC is one of the biggest cash cows in cfb and ESPN and their bunch of ilk they call reporters will do whatever it takes to keep the cow producing....

Tailstalker

Banned
You might wanna go back that a gander at that USC roster before you just claim politics on this one...Some mighty good players on that team.....:biggrin2:

tjl1388

04 USC over 01 Canes in not even an argument... anyone with any IQ over 2 digits knows the answer to that one.

The 2000 and 2002 Canes were better than the 04 birth control methods... The 01 Canes were in a class above all.

Tailstalker

Banned
04 USC over 01 Canes in not even an argument... anyone with any IQ over 2 digits knows the answer to that one.

The 2000 and 2002 Canes were better than the 04 birth control methods... The 01 Canes were in a class above all.

Opinions are like , well you know...we all got em....:biggrin2:

Madsnooker

It sure was fun watching my Buckeyes punch that team in the mouth in 02.:bounce:

It has been said there was more NFL talent on the field in that UM/OSU game than in any other college football game ever.

tjl1388

It sure was fun watching my ineligible players and my buddy Terry Porter throw a nonexistant penalty that gave us our Nat. Title.:bounce:

It has been said there was more NFL talent on the field in that UM/OSU game than in any other college football game ever.

Fixed that for you....:rofl:

Must be great looking at your title years and knowing that the zebra's gave you the 2002 title.

Madsnooker

Fixed that for you....:rofl:

Must be great looking at your title years and knowing that the zebra's gave you the 2002 title.

Why does that call over rule the rediculous noncall when OSU was trying to run out the clock in regulation? I tell you what, I will give in and cry bogus overtime call if you will agree there should have been PI called on UM on the 3rd down pass that WAS ALSO INCORRECTLY RULED OUT OF BOUNDS THAT WOULD HAVR GIVEN OSU THE FIRST DOWN AND GAME OVER!!!:huh: Why this is so overlooked is unbelievable. OSU WON THAT GAME IN REGULATION AND WAS RIPPED OF. Thank God the refs got it right in OT.;)

For you viewing pleasure. You will see in this video Porter actually calling holding before he incorrectly signaling PI. Porter addressed that mistake the next day at the news conference to clear it up. There is clearly holding as Gamble tries to get into the endzone. That was the call all along. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLqrAcQuqVo&feature=related

I will also attach video showing the catch that was incorrectly ruled out of bounds. If correctly called that game never goes to overtime.

So, to answer your question, NO, the Zebras didn't "give" us the title. They almost stole it from us in regulation.

Last edited:

tjl1388

Why does that call over rule the rediculous noncall when OSU was trying to run out the clock in regulation? I tell you what, I will give in and cry bogus overtime call if you will agree there should have been PI called on UM on the 3rd down pass that WAS ALSO INCORRECTLY RULED OUT OF BOUNDS THAT WOULD HAVR GIVEN OSU THE FIRST DOWN AND GAME OVER!!!:huh: Why this is so overlooked is unbelievable. OSU WON THAT GAME IN REGULATION AND WAS RIPPED OF. Thank God the refs got it right in OT.;)

For you viewing pleasure. You will see in this video Porter actually calling holding before he incorrectly signaling PI. Porter addressed that mistake the next day at the news conference to clear it up. There is clearly holding as Gamble tries to get into the endzone. That was the call all along. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLqrAcQuqVo&feature=related

I will also attach video showing the catch that was incorrectly ruled out of bounds. If correctly called that game never goes to overtime.

So, to answer your question, NO, the Zebras didn't "give" us the title. They almost stole it from us in regulation.

Are you kidding me?? Holding?...and then changes his mind?? In the NATIONAL TITLE GAME on the last play? That video shows me nothing..
1. Your allowed to jam at the line of scrimmage, I didn't see any holding.
2. If it was holding..at the beginning of the play..why did he wait almost 3sec AFTER the entire play was over to throw the flag?
Should we have allowed the 4th and 14? No.. Should we have scored from the 2? Yes.

Bottom line is the ref's should never have that much input into the outcome of a football game especially a Nat. Title.

Payback will be sweet in the SHOE!!:shoot:
Can't wait!!! I really don't care about any other game next year but that one. O$U will always have a special place of hatred from me for that game.

Madsnooker

Are you kidding me?? Holding?...and then changes his mind?? In the NATIONAL TITLE GAME on the last play? That video shows me nothing..
1. Your allowed to jam at the line of scrimmage, I didn't see any holding.
2. If it was holding..at the beginning of the play..why did he wait almost 3sec AFTER the entire play was over to throw the flag?
Should we have allowed the 4th and 14? No.. Should we have scored from the 2? Yes.

Bottom line is the ref's should never have that much input into the outcome of a football game especially a Nat. Title.

Payback will be sweet in the SHOE!!:shoot:
Can't wait!!! I really don't care about any other game next year but that one. O$U will always have a special place of hatred from me for that game.

Again, no comment on the bad call in the final minutes of regulation, that if called correctly, would have resulted in a first down and OSU simply running out the clock?

The bottom line is OSU beat UM in regulation and the game should have never got to that overtime call. That's not debateable!!! You're hatred is misdirected!!! UM lost that game because OSU's 4 down lineman dominated that game start to finish as well as overtime. THAT IS WHY UM LOST. Remember, that UM line had 5 nfl lineman we were all told before the game and Mcgahee was going to run wild. What actually happened was Will Smith and company manhandled that line.;)

I also look forward to next years game as well. Should be fun.