Rookie Waterfowl Hunter

adamhokewebb

Hey y’all, I have never hunted waterfowl before, but it has always looked like so much fun. I’d love to begin to prepare to hunt waterfowl this year. I’m looking for advice on getting started and places to go in Georgia. Specifically, most accessible is the Lake Lanier area. I don’t know much about public access for waterfowl in that area though.

Pipeline Cowboy

Hey y’all, I have never hunted waterfowl before, but it has always looked like so much fun. I’d love to begin to prepare to hunt waterfowl this year. I’m looking for advice on getting started and places to go in Georgia. Specifically, most accessible is the Lake Lanier area. I don’t know much about public access for waterfowl in that area though.
Anything you need to know is most likely on here or there is a thread about it so search it. It’s good you want to get into it but it requires a lot of work. Duck hunting isn’t easy. Georgia duck hunting is hard. More specific questions would be suitable. Duck in Georgia won’t be handed to you. My advice to you would be find a buddy who hunts and learn as much as you can from him.