Rooster Injury

TurkeyH90

My feist got ahold of my rooster and removed his tail and back feathers. Roughed him up pretty bad. I sprayed him down with blue lotion. Any suggestions on anything else I can do?

Redbow

If he has sore's from dog bites try hydrogen peroxide, my old Vet down in SC told me to do this when our dog's got into fights many years ago. It might help your Rooster.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Open wounds put some vaseline on it. Keeps it moist and won’t dry out.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Yep, Dinner sounds about right but only if the treatments suggested above fail.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
My feist got ahold of my rooster and removed his tail and back feathers. Roughed him up pretty bad. I sprayed him down with blue lotion. Any suggestions on anything else I can do?
You might want to keep the rooster away from the other chickens until he heals up. I know that's going to be a pain,but others may well peck at his sores.

BradW

Appears the ole Rooster is gonna make it. Feathers are starting to grow back.

If that bluekote and antibiotics didn't do the trick, might be time for a visit to freezer camp for the fellow. I had one a coon grabbed tail feathers off of one evening as he liked to sit too close to the wire at night.

NCMTNHunter

He should be fine as long a the others don't peck at him too bad. Chickens are pretty resistant to infection on their own.