Rooster needs some prayers

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Folks, prayers work. I just got a call from my Doctor that my joint pain may just be the Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever alone. In severe cases, some people do get joint problems like I have. He's still checking me for the mosquito borne virus to be safe though.
If this is the case, steroids will take care of my joint issues and the antibiotics will cure the spotted fever. Best possible news under the circumstances! Keep praying!

Good to hear, Little Brother. If you need us, just holler.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
How are you feeling Rooster?
I'm feeling better overall but the low grade fevers keep coming and going. They've started me on a steroid pack for the joint paint that I have left and I'll have to stay on the antibiotic twice a day until the fever has been gone for 3 consecutive days. I guess I'm on track from what I've read as these things take a couple of weeks to completely go away.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Sure hate this. Did you ever find the tick that bit you?
No, but it was probably one within the past few months although I never saw a rash. Not everyone shows a rash though. My Doctor's opinion was that I've probably been infected a little while but my body was fighting it. I did a bunch of yard work and cut up a few trees on Wednesday the 30th and that exertion and getting hot and worn out was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. I went from mild to severe symptoms in just a few days and continued having severe symptoms until shots, steroids and the antibiotic got them under control.
My advice to everyone is use tick prevention heavily and watch tick bites closely, especially the nymph ticks that may have been attached longer and unnoticed. It's worth going to your doctor even if you have only the mildest of rashes or symptoms. DON'T WAIT!

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Friends, I want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers as I finish up my recovery from Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. I'm in the last few days of my treatment and feel normal again. Please learn a lesson from me about this. Never miss using tick repellent when you're in the woods. It's just not worth the risk.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Friends, I want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers as I finish up my recovery from Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. I'm in the last few days of my treatment and feel normal again. Please learn a lesson from me about this. Never miss using tick repellent when you're in the woods. It's just not worth the risk.
Glad to hear that Rooster! You’ll feel like swimming now.

Head East

Some good news there rooster. Prayers that they are just temporary.