Rooster needs some prayers

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Just read all this, prayers sent. I hope you see a full recovery soon.
Thanks, I'm in the home stretch of recovery finally. Don't need the steroids or anything for joint pain now and I've got about 2 1/2 weeks of antibiotics left to take then one more blood test to confirm it's gone. It will turn out to be a nearly 3 month ordeal.
Always spray for ticks!

longbowdave1

Thanks, I'm in the home stretch of recovery finally. Don't need the steroids or anything for joint pain now and I've got about 2 1/2 weeks of antibiotics left to take then one more blood test to confirm it's gone. It will turn out to be a nearly 3 month ordeal.
Always spray for ticks!
Hopefully your 100% for the hunting season. Thanks for the update.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Well, I took my last antibiotics on Thursday and I'm scheduled to go in for a blood test on Monday to see if I'm finally clear of the Rocky mountain spotted fever after nearly 3 months. I've felt good enough lately to start easing back into some exercise so I mowed grass today with the self propelled push mower. I am more out of shape than normal after 3 months of inactivity. I just about couldn't keep up with the mower!

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Well, I took my last antibiotics on Thursday and I'm scheduled to go in for a blood test on Monday to see if I'm finally clear of the Rocky mountain spotted fever after nearly 3 months. I've felt good enough lately to start easing back into some exercise so I mowed grass today with the self propelled push mower. I am more out of shape than normal after 3 months of inactivity. I just about couldn't keep up with the mower!
Praying you'll get good test results.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Take your time and don`t overdo it, Little Brother. You got all the time in the world, so no need to be rush things. Good to hear you on the mend.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Well, after meeting the doctor today and him having done some more research, it turns out I won't need a blood test. All the blood tests check for antibodies and not bacteria so I would test positive for antibodies for quite some time. All we can do now is just monitor for symptoms so I'll continue checking my temperature over the next month and if a fever and joint pain and swelling doesn't come back, I'm cured! It's just good to be getting back to a semblance of normal again.