Root Grapple on Kubota

ventilator

I would definitely take the skid steer over the mini excavator. You will have that small area done in a 1 day rental easy.
Can a larger size Skid Steer with Grapple bucket handle 6-7" diameter trees and stumps? Or is that a little on the large size for those?

You can do that but you will have to dig around them alittle bit in some cases. Depends on the type of tree and how deep rooted and hard the dirt is also… as far as handling them once down on the ground will be no problem. Just the stump digging up without the tree attached will might be alittle slower than a mini excavator for stump removal on that size but you can do that

bnew17

I bush hogged an area in a mature pine stand that had small volunteer pines, wax myrtles, sweet gums, and scuppernong vines. Most under 3". It left a lot on the ground that make it hard for the harrow to cut through. I put my box blade on and drug it across the clearing and it picked up a lot of the "trash" that I had mowed as well as pulled the small roots up out of the ground. It probably would have done an even better job if I had "teeth" on my box blade. I have a 62 HP JD with a fel. 2wd

ventilator

I bush hogged an area in a mature pine stand that had small volunteer pines, wax myrtles, sweet gums, and scuppernong vines. Most under 3". It left a lot on the ground that make it hard for the harrow to cut through. I put my box blade on and drug it across the clearing and it picked up a lot of the "trash" that I had mowed as well as pulled the small roots up out of the ground. It probably would have done an even better job if I had "teeth" on my box blade. I have a 62 HP JD with a fel. 2wd
I have a 6' rake on my tractor. works great for removing debris like that too. Thx!

sghoghunter

Anyone had much luck using a root grapple on a 35-39hp tractor to clear a new plot? I have a bunch of sapling undergrowth in a spot i want to put a 1/3 acre plot next month after season. Got a few bigger trees ill have to cut with saw also. Planning to buy a 66" dual piston grapple for my 39 hp Kubota.

Did you buy the grapple? If so which brand did you go with? I’m wanting one for mine but can’t seem to find a 60 in clam style anywhere close by

K80Shooter

ventilator

Getting a 60" from Hawk Farms in Chesnee SC this coming Saturday. 3/8" steel construction, dual grapple clamps. 1450.00 total. I have a Farm tax exemption for SC.
864 590 8571 is the Number.