Rotary Cutter for tractor question

north_ga fireman

and another 7 ft. vote. I bought a used Tennessee river bush hog it's a 6 ft and i have a l4200 kubota and I tend to mow more than I should and it has held up nicely

sleepr71

Is your 5310 a 4wd tractor,or does it have a loader on the front? If neither...a heavy built 7’ mower hanging off the back might just get a little sketchy when you have the front end pointing uphill. If you have mostly flat,dry ground...I’d say go with the 7’. If you have hilly,or wet property..or do a lot of mowing between trees...I’d say stick with a 6’. If you need to maintain a fence line...there is always chemical mowing..aka Round Up..?

aabradley82

Is your 5310 a 4wd tractor,or does it have a loader on the front? If neither...a heavy built 7’ mower hanging off the back might just get a little sketchy when you have the front end pointing uphill. If you have mostly flat,dry ground...I’d say go with the 7’. If you have hilly,or wet property..or do a lot of mowing between trees...I’d say stick with a 6’. If you need to maintain a fence line...there is always chemical mowing..aka Round Up..?
You can always hang some suitcase weights on the front. I think my 6403 has 1300lbs plus the bracket

Ugahunter2013

Yes. 1250 for the mower and 75 for the stump jumper.
This was back in October 2020.
They didn't have one in stock at that tie So I put things on hold.

I called J Bar and they dont offer stump jumpers on the 7 ft model, but it is still $75 for the stump jumper on the smaller units. The girl at J Bar was really friendly and gave me a list of about 10 dealers in Ga...i called all of them. Each dealers price varies a good bit. But the 6ft premier is between $1,450-$1,550 now.

Mine is 2wd but i do have a loader on the front.

I decided on a 7ft per the overwhelming recommendations. I found 1 dealer that had it in stock. Going to pick it up tmrw. The wait time on an order is 16-18 weeks!!!!!! Most of the dealers have very little in stock. It also seemed most of the dealers were frustrated with J Bar because they are so backed up. I was lucky to find a 7ft in stock.

ucfireman

What does the 7ft run?
I never priced on that size. Just the 6ft.

I decided on a 7ft per the overwhelming recommendations. I found 1 dealer that had it in stock. Going to pick it up tmrw. The wait time on an order is 16-18 weeks!!!!!! Most of the dealers have very little in stock. It also seemed most of the dealers were frustrated with J Bar because they are so backed up. I was lucky to find a 7ft in stock.[/QUOTE]

Ugahunter2013

What does the 7ft run?
I never priced on that size. Just the 6ft.

I decided on a 7ft per the overwhelming recommendations. I found 1 dealer that had it in stock. Going to pick it up tmrw. The wait time on an order is 16-18 weeks!!!!!! Most of the dealers have very little in stock. It also seemed most of the dealers were frustrated with J Bar because they are so backed up. I was lucky to find a 7ft in stock.
[/QUOTE]

So I only found 3 of the 7ftrs total. There is a used one in Ga that is $1,750. The dealer told me the owner of J Bar personally owned it and used it only a few times. I saw pictures and it looked practically new. I decided to spend a little extra to get a new one.

Theres one in TN new that is $1,850 and there is one in SC new that is $1,900.

I ended up getting one in SC (there is 1 left i believe) mainly because it was closer to me and the wife decided to make a wknd trip out of it and visit Greenville since it was close by.

The 7ft is considerably beefier than the 6ft. It weighs about 500lbs more, has 2 tail wheels instead of 1, has the option for 4 blades (2 come on it), and has the slip clutch. It also has more reinforcements around the mower.

Also the stump jumper is not offered on the 7ft.

I can get you the number of the dealers if you are interested. I have them written down at home.

Ugahunter2013

I will also say that I was real nervous about the weight of the mower. I was reading some things while at the hotel and some people talked about their front end getting light when they picked up their 7 ft mower, but mine seemed to pick it up alright. I have not used it yet, but i did hook it up and lift it: i believe the weight of the front end loader helps a lot.