Rubber / Snake Boots

snooker1

Looking for a new pair of rubber snake boots that are not insulated, anyone have any suggestions. I have found a few but I am looking for something that will last more than a season.

donblfihu

I've got lacrosse and they have been great I wear them all the time. They're untested(snakes) and I hope they stay like that they do keep my feet dry, I've had them for 2 years with no wear yet

back_woods

Lacrosse, had mine for 4 years and have put the miles on them, still no leaks

across the river

I`ve never seen a pair of rubber boots I would trust my life with. Even if they were advertised as snake boots.

Well they make them with the same snake proof material that goes in say a Danner snake boot, it just goes between the rubber and the inside layer. I don't see how you would trust one over the other. That is like trusting one jacket to be water proof and not the other when they both have gore tex.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Well they make them with the same snake proof material that goes in say a Danner snake boot, it just goes between the rubber and the inside layer. I don't see how you would trust one over the other. That is like trusting one jacket to be water proof and not the other when they both have gore tex.

It`s real simple. I`ll put my Chippewa`s on and trust them against a big diamondback. I won`t with a pair of rubber boots. And I have little bit of experience with them.

swamp hunter

I'm a Muck Guy...
First time I ever tried them on I said Yup ...I'll take them.
Still using them 20 years later.
As far as Snake Proof..Who know's?
I don,t worry bout Snakes much. Been Swamp Walking for many a year and never had a problem.
Guess since I grew up with Snakes everywhere I got sharp eyes.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I'm a Muck Guy...
First time I ever tried them on I said Yup ...I'll take them.
Still using them 20 years later.
As far as Snake Proof..Who know's?
I don,t worry bout Snakes much. Been Swamp Walking for many a year and never had a problem.
Guess since I grew up with Snakes everywhere I got sharp eyes.

You just meaner`n they are. ::ke:

Plus, you wear them gaiters.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I can see where Nic's coming from. I put my Lacrosse on and I am still curious. Something about that smooth thin feeling rubber that's different than thicker leather. Sometimes I miss my snake gaiters, but I enjoy taking off across the wettest swamps with dry feet too.

swamp hunter

Funny thing I've noticed..The less Snakes you been around the more your afraid of them.
Folks at my Camp in far North Florida are scared bad of them. They'll wreck their Truck trying to run them over.
Folks down at the Glades just step around them and keep on.
Nobody comes back to Camp all out of Breath , Sweating and worred about snakes.
We don't even mention it unless it was really big.
Guess it's where you grew up...and How.

across the river

It`s real simple. I`ll put my Chippewa`s on and trust them against a big diamondback. I won`t with a pair of rubber boots. And I have little bit of experience with them.

I'm not arguing brands, and Chippewas are great boots, are Justins, whom Warren Buffet owns both of. Danners are good as well, as are Lacrosse Boots, who owns them. My point is Justin (Chippewa) and Lacrosse (Danner) make the boots, not the snake proof material that goes in them. They all have a coated heavy weight nylon fabric, that probably in most cases all come from the same factory. "Your life" as you say, is dependent on that Coated Codura Nylon's performance and the plant that made that, way more than it is on the company that actually put together the boot.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I'm not arguing brands, and Chippewas are great boots, are Justins, whom Warren Buffet owns both of. Danners are good as well, as are Lacrosse Boots, who owns them. My point is Justin (Chippewa) and Lacrosse (Danner) make the boots, not the snake proof material that goes in them. They all have a coated heavy weight nylon fabric, that probably in most cases all come from the same factory. "Your life" as you say, is dependent on that Coated Codura Nylon's performance and the plant that made that, way more than it is on the company that actually put together the boot.

No, my life is dependent on the leather boots I wear. I don`t wear cordura boots. My boots are all leather. It`s all in trust and experience.

Hillbilly stalker

I don’t know about trusting my life to any of them. I wear lacrosse but I’ve also went to their website and read their warranty. They are not guaranteed snake proof. I try not to step on any of them, ain’t skeered... but ain’t stupid either .

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Snooker, I didn`t mean to derail your thread.

My apologies.

Jim Boyd

I don’t fool with snake boots but I have rubber boots from LaCrosse, Cabela’s and Muck.

Have a few pairs of LaCrosse and they are my favorite.

I say that just to highlight my brand loyalty.

To me, the amount of money spent on snake gear is disproportional to the actual threat.

I am all for folks having them if it increases your confidence and sense of protection.

Good luck in your search.

Cool Hand Luke

I have the Lacrosse as well. Comfy but always wondered if really snake proof or snake resistant. Almost got to test em on a sweet timber rattler a while back.

uturn

All great boots but, I think he ask about Rubber Snake Boots?

I believe the Muck’s are called Woody Armour?

Plenty of snake boots out there but not so many rubber ones!