Ruger New Vaquero.

Ray357

AWOL
Either I just got a great one or Ruger has big time stepped up their single action game. Got a new Vaquero in 357 Mag. Pistol is timed perfect. 2 lb trigger. No creep. Smooth as butter. Cylinder turn is perfectly smooth as well. It's better than custom singles I have shot and as good as my best custom.

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
3rd gun I ever bought was a 45 vaquero, 1st was a 1911, 2nd was a 17hmr for my dad for father's day, love it, not sure on trigger lbs but to this day has been the most accurate pistol out of the box I ever bought, like knock the wings off a flying knat accurate.

Nice looking pistol buddy

RFWobbly

I think Ruger got really serious. I bought a GP100 recently and it's perfect in every way. I couldn't be happier.

Makes me want a GP100 in 327 !!

deerslayer357

I have been pleased with the Rugers I have bought and shot.

Reactions: Dub

wvdawg

Staff member
Good looking revolver!
I finally got out today to plink a little bit with a new Wrangler. Loved it!

Ray357

AWOL
Good looking revolver!
I finally got out today to plink a little bit with a new Wrangler. Loved it!
I bought my son one of the wranglers. We both love it. Fun little pistol. When I make the time, I am going to do a trigger job on it. I am working on mastering doing the triggers and actions the way Bob Munden did them, but still have a ways to go. I can get almost the result, but can't get there the free hand way he did. The level 1 anyway. I ain't got a clue how he did his level 2.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Love my Blackhawk NewModel 45 LC.
I have the Wrangler in 22 I use on trap line and plinking. If I’m outside it’s with me and in the truck everywhere I go.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I've had a bunch of Ruger single actions,never saw one with a 2lb trigger out of the box. You'd better keep two eyes on that one.

chuckdog

I haven't seen one either prior to this one. I shot it beside a blackhawk 357 today and the blackhawk was at least double the trigger weight, 3x the creep, and not near as smooth.

Gives me hope. With Ruger S/A pricing being what it is today they should be more refined.

I recently repaired a seriously neglected stainless Vaquero .44 mag. The roughness of the none visible sides and some internal parts were saddening.

I hope it shot as well as it feels!

Ray357

AWOL
Gives me hope. With Ruger S/A pricing being what it is today they should be more refined.

I recently repaired a seriously neglected stainless Vaquero .44 mag. The roughness of the none visible sides and some internal parts were saddening.

I hope it shot as well as it feels!
It shoots a smidge left. Trying to decide whether it's worth messing with the vice and trying to remedy.

rosewood

chuckdog

Either I just got a great one or Ruger has big time stepped up their single action game. Got a new Vaquero in 357 Mag. Pistol is timed perfect. 2 lb trigger. No creep. Smooth as butter. Cylinder turn is perfectly smooth as well. It's better than custom singles I have shot and as good as my best custom.

Was this Ruger on a LGS shelf, or was it one you ordered?

You've got me wanting to revisit them.