Ruger New Vaquero.

deermaster13

These are part of my collection of vaqueros and single sixes. I'm a Ruger revolver fan and love their auto loaders as well and have all.pseries and Sr series along with the SP double action and super redhawks. I just love Ruger handguns. I've collected Colts and Smith's but I'm always looking for another Ruger. My wife says I have issues. LoL. Good to see others that love Ruger revolvers.

Attachments

• IMG_20210212_160317.jpg
    IMG_20210212_160317.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 13

Darkhorse

Gives me hope. With Ruger S/A pricing being what it is today they should be more refined.

I recently repaired a seriously neglected stainless Vaquero .44 mag. The roughness of the none visible sides and some internal parts were saddening.

I hope it shot as well as it feels!

Years ago when I had a real job I tuned a lot of Rugers of all types. Mostly I deburred and smoothed up the internals and did some trigger work on a few. While the outside looked good and well fit anywhere you couldn't see was covered with mill marks and burrs. I have a SBH I bought in 1979 and a stainless single six convertible and both have had the treatments done to them.
My wife's M77 in 7X57 was the same way. Worse yet was our .44 Auto, the trigger was so rough and heavy my wife couldn't hit a cardboard box. Literally. I managed to smooth it out some and improve the trigger and while I had it apart I deburred all the parts. It never suited me but she could now hit with it.
Finally I'd had enough and wrote Ruger a letter of complaint concerning how they failed to finish the insides of their guns. They wrote me a letter back "Most of our buyers shoot them the way they come with few complaints. Any person sophisticated enough to recognize tooling marks and burrs is sophisticated enough to correct the problem themselves. If we took the time to "finish" the interiors of our products the price would be so high few would purchase our products".
OK I guess they had a point there.
I sincerely hope that Ruger is doing a better job now and producing a more refined product as I'm sure I'll be buying another one or two.

chuckdog

One my LGS had new in box on the shelf.

I would love to find one with the smoothness of yours on a shelf. I don't like buying a pig in a poke ordering.

With many things I like dealers ain't likely to sell a pile of them. I understand not tying up capital in something that may not move well for them. Ordering has been my only choice of actually seeing one before I forget I want one!

I've had bad luck with several Vaquero's not shooting point of aim. I remember two that were atrocious. One was an early second generation stainless .357 5.5" I purchased at the old Adventure Outdoors location. The other was a second generation stainless .45 Colt 7.5" Elevation was the issue with both.

I tried every load combo I could come up with and both shot high, the .357 was incredibly high!

As you know it's easy with stainless to cure a low shooter, file the front sight a bit. Taking a file on the frame V to try lowering POI ain't something I'm willing to do.

Funny, with all the adjustable sight Blackhawk models I've owned I've seldom had to move a sight more than a few clicks from factory for any of my loads. Then it was usually only when shooting light for caliber bullets. If I'm shooting a Blackhawk, light for caliber ain't usually on the menu!

Ray357

AWOL
I would love to find one with the smoothness of yours on a shelf. I don't like buying a pig in a poke ordering.

With many things I like dealers ain't likely to sell a pile of them. I understand not tying up capital in something that may not move well for them. Ordering has been my only choice of actually seeing one before I forget I want one!

I've had bad luck with several Vaquero's not shooting point of aim. I remember two that were atrocious. One was an early second generation stainless .357 5.5" I purchased at the old Adventure Outdoors location. The other was a second generation stainless .45 Colt 7.5" Elevation was the issue with both.

I tried every load combo I could come up with and both shot high, the .357 was incredibly high!

As you know it's easy with stainless to cure a low shooter, file the front sight a bit. Taking a file on the frame V to try lowering POI ain't something I'm willing to do.

Funny, with all the adjustable sight Blackhawk models I've owned I've seldom had to move a sight more than a few clicks from factory for any of my loads. Then it was usually only when shooting light for caliber bullets. If I'm shooting a Blackhawk, light for caliber ain't usually on the menu!
This one shoots a little left. Unfortunately one of the downfalls of the non-adjustable sight pistols. Usually for a high shooter, I black out a little of the base of the front sight, then paint the rest of the sight white. It makes my eyes shoot it lower.

rosewood

This one shoots a little left. Unfortunately one of the downfalls of the non-adjustable sight pistols. Usually for a high shooter, I black out a little of the base of the front sight, then paint the rest of the sight white. It makes my eyes shoot it lower.
Seems like both my Vaqueros shoot a little low and left. Back when I was doing CAS, I contacted Ruger and they said to send them in and they would take care of it. I have to admit, I never did. Had I been shooting them regularly, I would have been more likely to do so. I really need to take them to the range and verify my original assessment and send them in to Ruger and let them fix them.

Rosewood

killerv

I want a 357 in stainless. I owned a 45lc but didn't really care about feeding it that expensive ammo so let it go.

rosewood

I want a 357 in stainless. I owned a 45lc but didn't really care about feeding it that expensive ammo so let it go.
That is why I started hand loading and then got into casting. Cheap to feed a 45 colt when you load yourself.

Rosewood

killerv

That is why I started hand loading and then got into casting. Cheap to feed a 45 colt when you load yourself.

Rosewood

my reloading days are put on a hold for awhile, got two young boys that keep us in the road constantly.

Reactions: Dub

Roebuck

“Fishal Spokesman” Useles Billy Club !
They are really nice looking guns.

My son has just bought one in 45 Colt. I’ve not seen it yet (other than on Facetime) but it looks great and he’s very pleased with it and he’s very picky where gun quality is concerned.