Ruger To Buy Marlin From Bankrupt Remington

ringorock

I'll stick to my Henry lever guns. Ruger is great on customer service, but their production QC is poor. I'd still buy a Ruger but not if Marlin is nearly the same price as a Henry if not more.

Ever since Henry added the side gate to their guns, there's hardly a reason to choose a marlin over them unless you lrefer the bulkier foregrip.

Buckman18

I'll stick to my Henry lever guns. Ruger is great on customer service, but their production QC is poor. I'd still buy a Ruger but not if Marlin is nearly the same price as a Henry if not more.

Ever since Henry added the side gate to their guns, there's hardly a reason to choose a marlin over them unless you lrefer the bulkier foregrip.

I only have one Henry, the lever action 22 mag. Depending on ammo, it'll group 2-3 inches at 40 yards - shooting from a lead sled. Looks and feels great, leaves a lot to be desired from an accuracy point of view.

FootLongDawg

What oh what happened to Remington? Rhetorical question. Don't answer; I already know. Just think it is a shame

KentuckyHeadhunter

Every gun or hunting magazine I received for the last 15 years or so had RECALL ads on multiple pages on Remington guns or ammo. I've seen why first hand. Let's just hope Ruger fixes Marlin. Still seems like a weird marriage to me.

Bam Bam

?Just Imagine If Winchester Or Henry Took Over Marlin?

rosewood

I am hoping they bring back the Handi Rifle!

simpleman30

I sold my Henry .357 a few years ago and wish I never had. A few years back, I traded a Ruger LCP .380 to a coworker for his Marlin 336 .35 Remington and absolutely love it. Probably going to hunt with it this weekend. But I'm really wanting to handle the new Henry .35 Remington. Despite not being able to find any .35 Remington ammo online, my neighbor loves to share his love of reloading and has plenty of brass, powder, primer, and bullets for when I have the time to reload.

rosewood

I sold my Henry .357 a few years ago and wish I never had. A few years back, I traded a Ruger LCP .380 to a coworker for his Marlin 336 .35 Remington and absolutely love it. Probably going to hunt with it this weekend. But I'm really wanting to handle the new Henry .35 Remington. Despite not being able to find any .35 Remington ammo online, my neighbor loves to share his love of reloading and has plenty of brass, powder, primer, and bullets for when I have the time to reload.
Dude, you ripped your coworker off. That Marlin is worth way more than the LCP. I have it in a single shot CVA Hunter and it is probably one of the sweetest shooting guns I have. Only gun I ever got a twofer with (2 hogs). So pleasant to shoot, I imagine even more so in the heavier lever gun. I hunted with it until they clear cut my hunting property and now I have about a 250 yard shot so I am shooting a 6.5 CM now over the field (also a CVA).

Rosewood

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
I understand that palmetto state armory is purchasing the Remington ammo division.

rosewood

I understand that palmetto state armory is purchasing the Remington ammo division.
I thought Sierra was buying that? Or were they just buying components?

simpleman30

Dude, you ripped your coworker off. That Marlin is worth way more than the LCP. I have it in a single shot CVA Hunter and it is probably one of the sweetest shooting guns I have. Only gun I ever got a twofer with (2 hogs). So pleasant to shoot, I imagine even more so in the heavier lever gun. I hunted with it until they clear cut my hunting property and now I have about a 250 yard shot so I am shooting a 6.5 CM now over the field (also a CVA).

Rosewood
it was his idea... he doesn't hunt and his wife purchased the rifle for him from a pawn shop a decade or 2 ago. he wanted my handgun more than he wanted to keep his rifle. pretty sure i came out on the better end of that deal, especially since i killed a deer with it this afternoon.