Run on rifle ammo

HughW2

I just went by Academy Outdoors in Newman and they were in a very low stock situation on all rifle ammo and fairly low on pistol, shotgun ammo was fine. I asked what was the issue and they said since Thursday of last week there has been a run on ammo. I had heard about the stockpiling of toilet paper, tissues and food; but a run on ammo due to Corona Virus? I guess everyone is anticipating a zombie apocalypse??!! It is a case study of one store has anyone else noticed?

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
All the online retailers are quickly running out as well.

BeerThirty

I guess that thought process goes something like this: I may have been late to the party on stocking up on food and TP, but at least if I have ammo I can forcibly take the food and TP I need...

transfixer

I first heard about this Monday, Academy is Douglasvile and Hiram are pretty much out of everything in common calibers, and have been selling guns like crazy as well, out of curiosity I checked with a couple online places I have bought ammo from, one isn't taking any new orders as of yesterday, the other was almost completely out of all pistol ammo, and didn't have much in the way of rimfire ammo either, salesperson at Academy said most people buying guns have been the type that knows nothing about guns, and most were first time buyers.

Gator89

I first heard about this Monday, Academy is Douglasvile and Hiram are pretty much out of everything in common calibers, and have been selling guns like crazy as well, out of curiosity I checked with a couple online places I have bought ammo from, one isn't taking any new orders as of yesterday, the other was almost completely out of all pistol ammo, and didn't have much in the way of rimfire ammo either, salesperson at Academy said most people buying guns have been the type that knows nothing about guns, and most were first time buyers.

I have a Bass Pro a couple of miles from my work, stopped by Monday out of curiosity, the ammo shelves were like the bread aisle at the grocery store, only the rye and potato bread was left. BPS did have HERTER'S 45 acp, Winchester Steel Case 9mm, but all 22lr, 22 mag, 99% of the brass pistol and rifle ammo was GON. Some 25 ACP and some 45 Colt for almost $50 per box of $50 was all that was left.

243, 308, 30:06, 270, you name it GON, all of it GON!!!!

Blackston

Everyone must be stocking up for this( fake news)B8EDCE8A-D7E7-416F-B643-5D176BE85843.png

tr21

glad both my AR'S AND AK'S have all they can eat ! im ready for the zombie apocalypse

hdgapeach

I just checked ol' reliable (for me), Georgia Arms. First time I've ever got this notice when I accessed their site:

Down for Maintenance
Sorry, web site is currently down due to lack of inventory . Please call or check back soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Can't even look at pictures of what they used to have!! Reckon it's about time to start packing mags and stackin' 'em tall?
Man, what is this Country turning into?!

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Glad I bought cheap and stacked it deep back in around 2008.

I hope that folks learn a lesson about being prepared after this hysteria is over.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm in great shape on 22LR, good shape on 5.56 and 223, fair shape on 308win and OK on 270win. I'm real weak on 243. Fair shape on 12 ga bird load. I just bought another 200 rounds of 308 not even thinking about the zombie apocalypse. It was prolly a smooth move.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I was in Dahlonega Pawn and Gun today. No .223, no 308, no 30-06, no high brass 12ga

i did get 300 round of 9mm 115gr