Rut Roh SEC: OU & Horns Crashin the Party

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
@Throwback’s response will be...

Uhhh... hmmmmmm...

Butttttttt.... uhhhhhhh....

Dawgs suck. Ummmmmmm... arrest... ummmmm.. jail time..... should a..... poor dawgs.... uhhhhhhh....

how can I troll cause my team sucks......

fire mark richt.... oh wait...... fire Kirby.... yeah that’s it..... uhhhhhhh...

Browning Slayer

Hey @Throwback if Bama and the Barn is in the East... what do you think Auburns chances are to make an SEC championship???:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Browning Slayer

But Auburn beat Kirby... once...

and he’s absolutely humiliated Auburn since...

MCBUCK

1)
the expansion was expected to go to 16 eventually.
2)
The request has been discussed since last season. Birmingham already knows or pretty much knows how each school will vote; unless someone changes their minds ( I’m looking at Athens and LSU)
3)
The expansion committee is only thinking about how many TV sets change the channels and how many eyeballs move to another SEC game. Yes they want some regional, cultural and academic similarities but this is about that reserve fund. Just palm a few more dollars this way ya know.
I fear they may not have any honor of the traditional rivalries. ie: Barn/UGA Bama/vawls.
4) The big question:
If AM & Mizzou decide to pout and take their ball and go home to the B12, B10 et al- ( Which would be stupid)
Who would the SEC reach out to ? Or would they?

bullgator

The SEC would be fools to take those two programs in. OSU and Clemson must be laughing their butts off. Those two and any others with legit NC hopes will get a boost out of this. Our recruiting talent pool will get diluted even more than it does now with top OOC teams recruiting here. And the last thing we need are more slobber-knocker games on our schedules. It’s not worth expanding the market for all the negatives it brings. Like I said, send them to some other conference that needs them to strengthen their schedules.

stonecreek

The SEC would be fools to take those two programs in. OSU and Clemson must be laughing their butts off. Those two and any others with legit NC hopes will get a boost out of this. Our recruiting talent pool will get diluted even more than it does now with top OOC teams recruiting here. And the last thing we need are more slobber-knocker games on our schedules. It’s not worth expanding the market for all the negatives it brings. Like I said, send them to some other conference that needs them to strengthen their schedules.
Agree 100% . Clemson and Ohio State will run the table in there conferences on a regular basis while the SEC contenders will battle legitimate teams every week.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
But if/when the Playoff expands it will likely mean at least 4 SEC teams in every year

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Likely more with that slate of teams

GTMODawg

BANNED
play off expansion means conference expansion. Texas and OU have seen the writing on the wall…..the big 12 is ridiculous.

and not to worry. Neither team will be a threat to win the SEC but maybe once every 20 years or so. Neither can win against top tier SEC foes consistently. The big 6 in the SEC will continue to battle for 90% of the conference titles. Neither program has ever played anyone other than one another.

Browning Slayer

When that worm turns you’re gonna lose cell signal for a while
You sound like one of those folks that runs around saying “when I win the lottery”...

No one is concerned about Auburn. Auburn is and will always be “the little brother”..

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
You sound like one of those folks that runs around saying “when I win the lottery”...

No one is concerned about Auburn. Auburn is and will always be “the little brother”..
Lol. Ok.

kingfish

Heard one of the talking heads say that the SEC needs to be ready for Texas if they come aboard. He said that for not having done a whole lot in the last 15 years or so, they are worse than the highest maintenance diva you could ever imagine. Worse than Notre Dame in their opinion of themselves and their importance to college football. This just keeps getting better and better.

lampern

Heard one of the talking heads say that the SEC needs to be ready for Texas if they come aboard. He said that for not having done a whole lot in the last 15 years or so, they are worse than the highest maintenance diva you could ever imagine. Worse than Notre Dame in their opinion of themselves and their importance to college football. This just keeps getting better and better.

Ever heard of the Longhorn Network?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Well it’s Texas. It’s a great place but the problem is it’s full of Texans.