Rut Roh SEC: OU & Horns Crashin the Party

HermanMerman

Before we know it, Oregon and USC will be in the SEC.

westcobbdog

Since everything is all about the mighty ( weakened ) dollar, the Conference may go for it. Puts literally millions more eyeballs on the SEC and the member conf teams. I am not for it.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Texas is more of a southern school than Kentucky —they were neutral.

MCBUCK

It’s not just about social and cultural demographics, but academics and athletic compatibility and economic impact. Both would gain tv footprint and open doors to recruiting. I really don’t like the idea of taking them into the conference because Texas has a reputation of bullying the B12 and may try to make the same impact here, and that’s not insightful to the needs of a Sahkalina or UGA that’s 800 miles away.
All of a sudden we are in a 10 game conference schedule too. Not to mention the sec west would be more like the nfc west.

TinKnocker

Seems like a bad move. If the playoffs expand to 12 teams, one (if not both) waltz right in if they start right where they are.

MCBUCK

Dear god no. Besides, UGA would veto that.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Dawgs don’t want the Longhorns in the SEC

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Doubt it will happen IMHO unless Texas gives up their "selfish" revenue. Sankey and most all of the member institutions will not allow the "Horns" network to compete with the SEC network with all the revenue going solely to Texas.

MCBUCK

Part of the whole thing is that texas has offered to scrap The LHN.
I don’t trust texas tho.

MCBUCK

Jimbo doesn’t get to vote. The president does. A&M loathes the horns w a passion of a thousand suns. They will vote no. So will Mizzou.
Won’t matter in the end. This will happen. But I think Sankey will put some things in place for the horns because of their reputation for bullying other conference members within the B12.
They are perhaps the most absurdly arrogant fan base in Cfb. Ask any Aggie or Boomer.