Salvage Title

Skipper

Banned
I've got a client who is fixing to purchase a doublewide. When they got ready to close, they showed him the title that was branded as salvage. They had not told him that prior to the closing. They had mentioned that there had been a small kitchen fire. However, IMO, a small kitchen fire wouldn't have a salvage title. For it to be on a salvage title, the home would have had to have been totaled by an insurance company, bought and paid for, then sold to whoever by the insurance company.

At any rate, I've seen salvage titles on cars, but not mobile homes. I advised the guy to be very careful, paticularly with the wiring. It's untelling how it was rigged back into the system after the fire.

In my years in business, I've not seen too many mobile homes that would have been bought by an insurance company post fire and then been sellable as anything other than scrap. Otherwords, usually, it's a real small fire with minor smoke damage, or the mobile home is total krispy Kritter.

Anyone with any words of wisdom?

Skipper

Kdog

Did he still buy it? I would have passed without an inspection.

Kdog

TJay

I wouldn't touch it with the proverbial ten foot pole. As they say in Texas "El Pass-0!"