Saturday Night Steak

ryork

A Delmonico Ribeye for your's truly, filets for the rest of crew eating at home tonight. Two teenagers in the house you never know...............

Pretty simple, grilled the steaks after hitting with a homemade rub heavy on cumin and coffee, baked taters, fried okra in lieu of tater for one...... and a salad. Topped the steaks with a couple fried okra pods and some picked shiitake mushrooms I made about a year ago. Those pickled shrooms are in a mix of vinegar, honey, and horseradish. Get a little bite of those and bite of the okra to go with a piece of the steak............ 7-27 (6).jpg7-27 (7).jpg7-27 (8).jpg7-27 (11).jpg7-27 (9).jpg7-27 (10).jpg7-27 (12).jpg

chobrown

Looks awesome right there!!

JHannah92

Dadgum. I made a homemade version of chick fi la's bbq bacon grilled chicken sammich. It was real good, but that steak and them ribs look mo better.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Those steaks are perfection, and those ribs, too! I've got to try those pickled shiitakes. I have a bunch of mushroom logs out back, and sometimes you get tons of shiitakes at once. That looks like a good solution. Recipe?

ryork

Those steaks are perfection, and those ribs, too! I've got to try those pickled shiitakes. I have a bunch of mushroom logs out back, and sometimes you get tons of shiitakes at once. That looks like a good solution. Recipe?

Make a brine with rice wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar (about 3:1 rice wine to apple cider), honey (roughly 1/4 to 1/3 the total of the vinegars), some dollops of Dijon and creole or whole grain mustard (about 2-3 tbs each if you've got 2 total cups of vinegar), some thyme sprigs, bay leaves, a good dose of salt and a lot of sugar (say 1.5 cups if you've got 2 total cups of the vinegars). Bring all that to boil and then let cool, pour over the shrooms and go about your normal canning processes.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Make a brine with rice wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar (about 3:1 rice wine to apple cider), honey (roughly 1/4 to 1/3 the total of the vinegars), some dollops of Dijon and creole or whole grain mustard (about 2-3 tbs each if you've got 2 total cups of vinegar), some thyme sprigs, bay leaves, a good dose of salt and a lot of sugar (say 1.5 cups if you've got 2 total cups of the vinegars). Bring all that to boil and then let cool, pour over the shrooms and go about your normal canning processes.
Thanks!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
A Delmonico Ribeye for your's truly, filets for the rest of crew eating at home tonight. Two teenagers in the house you never know...............

Pretty simple, grilled the steaks after hitting with a homemade rub heavy on cumin and coffee, baked taters, fried okra in lieu of tater for one...... and a salad. Topped the steaks with a couple fried okra pods and some picked shiitake mushrooms I made about a year ago. Those pickled shrooms are in a mix of vinegar, honey, and horseradish. Get a little bite of those and bite of the okra to go with a piece of the steak............ View attachment 977591View attachment 977592View attachment 977593View attachment 977594View attachment 977595View attachment 977596View attachment 977597

Fantastic!!!!