Saw a bear last Saturday....

GAHUNTER60

A little bit south of where you would expect to see one! I was driving north on Hwy 284 between Clermont and Cleveland and looked over into a pasture that is in the slopes of Wauka Mountain (really just a privately owned hill with cell towers on it) and there was a bear -- a big bear -- just ambling along, seemingly without a care in the world.

I would not consider this area to be "bear country" but he was there. I live only 10 miles south of where I saw him near Wahoo Creek.

Do I live in bear country now?

Gerrik

This summer lots of people have been seeing them around Dallas & Hiram. And that’s nowhere near north ga

Resica

Wauka Mtn. Grandpa grew up in Clermont. Never heard him mention bears. Come to think of it, he never mentioned deer either.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
We get bears regularly around the north shores of Allatoona. Wander through yards after bird feeders and show up on trail cams.

It's all bear country now it seems. Since the state been cutting on the mountain I've been overrun last couple of years. In my trash in my chicken pen and everything else not nailed down. Not real bad this time of year but soon as food is gone on what habitat they got left I'm sure it'll be bad again this year.

splatek

UAEC
I had two on cam down in Cherokee county..
and with what looks like a lower than average harvest they gotta go somewhere.