Scarlett Kingsnake?

zedex

Gator Bait
I don't want to identify snakes just to know if they're venomous or not. I find all of them to be very interesting critters.
Yes. Every snake species is interesting and each snake has it's own personality traits.

Many keepers have reticulated pythons and they fear the power and unpredictability of them. I've had several. One tried to kill me, the other followed me around like a puppy.

I've never had a green anaconda or rock python I would turn my back on. A friend in Florida had a green anaconda that was a big baby. He also had a king cobra he would free hand and that snake would attack anything else, including the guy's car.

zedex

Gator Bait
A coral snake can move nearly as fast as a black racer if it wants to. I`ve seen them really get with it.

I've seen one really get going, but most just kinda mosey on along, unaffected by being spotted. Every colubrid, I've encountered would take off on sight. You want to catch it, you'll work for it. All but one coral, I could just pick up.

I also want to point out that when I made my original post, I was very tired and had spinal surgery earlier in the day so I would be remiss if I dont correct myself in regards to my belly scale statement.

The pattern seen across the back and sides of snakes does not carry to the belly scales. While many species have a white, or off-white, belly scales, they will also have some blotches of color.

The red rat snake has a most intriguing pattern.... a checker board of black and white. Other rat snake species have the same pattern but on a much lighter level.

Some snakes will carry an opaque variation of color such as faint greys, blues blacks, even some reds.

For the most part, belly scales are very plain though

zedex

Gator Bait
Pretty snake,,,,love all snakes,,,,

What's not to love? They are fantastic, amazing creatures.

My daughter's boa is a prime example of the perfect pet. Never bit, very easy going. My daughter and the snake have fallen asleep on the couch watching tv. The snake stays right with her. Often times, we will leave the pen doors open in the evening and the snake comes right to the couch and will either stretch out along the back or lays with either of us.