Scent control - Mouth wash

Steady73

What does everyone use to brush their teeth with to control morning breath? I use mouthwash or toothpaste but I believe the deer can smell that 'minty fresh' aroma when I walk to my stand.
::huh:

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
I've often thought about that - I'll be trying to be scent-free but when I brush my teeth and the tooth paste gets on my beard, I figure it's gotta' smell - But I justs ain't gonna' brush my teeth with fox pee ;) :D

duke13

Being the scent-free fanatic that I am, I brush with baking soda with a toothbrush i only use for hunting. Then I gargle with baking soda and water.
No "minty smell on my breath.

Then I drink a big coffee and head to the stand! :bounce:

mockingbird

After all the glowing recommendations about vanilla extract-- here's what I'm trying...
I don't brush my teeth but rather eat an apple, then put a little vanilla extract in my mouth (cafeful here-- high proof!). Also a little in my mustache to catch onto the air coming from my nose. We'll see...

Jasper

Brush with baking soda and chew Clorets gum. Works for me.

mpowell

well, if a deer winds me because of my minty fresh breath, that's just tough luck.

maybe not brushing at all would be better. might smell more natural as your teeth decay!

GeauxLSU

Yeah I guess the baking soda would be the perfect answer but that's just NASTY to me! :eek: I should probably try it again though... :rolleyes:
I just use regular toothpaste and rinse well.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

broadhead

Gotta brush!

I wear a Scent-Loc head cover and enjoy my minty fresh/coffee breath as it circulates inside the mask!

Mac

Broad head

just got one of those scent loc mask. Hope it works.

miner

I drink a small bottle of apple juice on the way hunting.I guess you could use prune juice.

Mrbowdeadly

Mint is just a plant, I wouldn't think it would spook deer unless they had been shot at by someone with minty fresh breath. If you are burpin up the deer jerky you had the night before, reckon you better get to brushing.

MBD

leadoff

GONetwork Member
I brush my teeth with Kodiak in the morning on the way to and also in the stand! AHHHH :D Wintergreen fresh!!! Makes me forget all about that sneaky cat! :bounce:

Just ordered some gum o flage. Its a clorophyll gun with a pine scent. Another gimmick I got suckered into, but we'll see if it works.

Jasper

Oh no...............

No prune juice for me, thank you. That would lead to the shortest hunt on record before I HAD to climb down! :D

Joe Moran

leadoff said:
Makes me forget all about that sneaky cat! :bounce:

leadoff you ain't right! I had to wipe the snot off of my monitor I laughed so hard! :D

That sneaky cat sure gets around!

mpowell

what do you do for . . .

flatulence in the stand???

if we're worried about our breath, shouldn't you worry about your, uhh, you know??? :bounce:

will strategically placed pine limbs help??? :confused:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
mpowell said:
flatulence in the stand???

if we're worried about our breath, shouldn't you worry about your, uhh, you know??? :bounce:

will strategically placed pine limbs help??? :confused:

I'm sure they would if'n they were strategically placed.... :speechles Though I'm not going there... :D

Steady73

Flint Hunter,
I saw an ad in a magazine for the gum you mentioned, let us know what you think of it after you try it.
mpowell,
you sound like my hunting buddy, he isn't worried about his breath, but then again that is why he said he wears ScentLoc pants.
:bounce:

beginnersluck

gargling with fox urine

You can always gargle with fox urine!! I usually eat an apple before I go into the stand and one when I'm there. Natural cover...if there are apple trees around.