Scent-Lok Customer Service

HMwolfpup

I may have posted part of this before, if so I apologize for the repetitiveness. In Sept 2003 for my birthday I was given money to go buy scent controll camo (long story short, my unlce and cousin had bought some, so my parents thought I needed some, so I wasn't going to argue since I needed new camo last year anyway). I went to BassPro and looked through everything and decided on some Scent-Lok outer wear. This consisted of a pair of weather proof pants to wear over other clothing, a weather proof coat with a zip out liner/jacket and a mask. It was October before it cooled down enough to use the clothing, but once it got cool, I used it. In December 2003, I was finishing up a hunt in South GA. I went to unsnap the leg cuff and the snap pulled out of the material. I couldn't believe it, but I had been walking through a swamp and the clothes were pretty wet, so I figured it must have been my fault. Pants were still usable, so no big deal. Well, this past October, the night before rifle season opened, I was getting my gear together. I put my liner jacket on and the zipper fell apart. I was MAD!!!!!! I went to the Scent-Lok website and sent an emai to them. Four weeks later I had still not heard from them and was telling people how bad their customer service was for not responding at all. I didn't really expect them to do anything since the clothes were over a year old, but I explained that I had only used them for half a season. Well about 6 weeks after I emailed them (and had given up on a response) I received a response from there customer service with an apology for the problems I had and they assured me they would take care of it. They wanted me to send the stuff to them right then and they would get it back to me in 10 business days. Fully expecting to have to send the stuff right away, I explained in a reply email that we were in the middle of deer season and while the clothes were defective, they were still usable and really all the weather resistant clothing I have and asked if I could finish the season then send the stuff in. To my amazement, they agreed to that. I sent everything in last Monday or Tuesday. I received a PHONE CALL from the Customer Service rep on Tuesday. She explained the repaired my pants, but were unable to repair the zipper on the liner/jacket. Just when I thought I was going to be told tough luck on the jacket, Andi, the CS rep, asked if i was "married to the mossy oak breakup pattern" I told her no, and she said well, I can send you the same jacket and liner, but it will be Advantag camo...the funny part to that was that I was looking for advantage when I bought the mossy oak...I told her this and we both laughed about it. At any rate, my new clothes are being shipped to me as I write this and I couldn't be more pleased with how Scent-Lok handled the situation (other than taking so long for their initial response). So I would like to take this opportunity to take back any badmouthing I did of Scent-Lok and praise Andi and their entire Customer Service team....sorry for the long post.