Scentlok Radial nano ozone generator??

shdw633

I have the Radial and not the Nano but still the same manufacturer but the Nano is smaller and more for personal use, like putting it in a tub with your cloths. I am just not convinced that the Radial 400B is better than my Ozonics after using it last season. It is suppose to put out more ozone according to the description but I am not convince that it goes out as far or as direct as Ozonics does and that it is actually covering all my scent when I am in my stand or blind. I do like that it's rechargeable via USB as you can take a simple phone charger to the stand to do a quick recharge if necessary and I do like it's more compact to carry. As well I think it's easier to use in a tub or bag to ozone your cloths before you go out. Just not convinced yet that it's that good in the field at this time as I have had better deer encounters with my Ozonics than with the Radial. If both my Radial and Ozonics went down and I could only have one than it would be the Ozonics; however, if money was an issue and it was Radial or nothing, than I would have the Radial.

Last edited:

shdw633

z71mathewsman

I like the nano because of its size over the radial.I will be mainly using it during bow season with a climber in which I sweat a lot.

shdw633

I like the nano because of its size over the radial.I will be mainly using it during bow season with a climber in which I sweat a lot.

I don't think it will put out enough ozone or be powerful enough to be effective for you in that situation. The 400B generates up to 400 milligrams of ozone which is more than the Ozonics that I put out. I don't believe the Nano puts out that much ozone but to be honest I can't find out anywhere how much it does put out, which concerns me because Scentlok made a big deal out of letting customers know how much ozone the Radial 400B and 500B Bag units put out and basing my experience with the 400B, I don't think it will work for what you are wanting it to do.

Last edited:

shdw633

That's correct.

shdw633

Its showing in the specs that the RadialB puts out more ozone than the ozonics,am I reading this right?

I was looking at my Radial 400B and my Ozonics yesterday and it dawned on my why one might not be as effective as the other. Though the 400B puts out more ozone than the Ozonics it is not a directed stream, it is 360 degree disbursement meaning it just flows out in a 360 degree direction, whereas the Ozonics is a directed stream of ozone that you place where it is most effective. Best example would be like rain falling on an umbrella, it circles around you but is not very heavy versus you standing under the valley of a roof that was collecting the water and funneling it down into one area before hitting the ground. So if you get the Radial make sure you get a tree hanger so that you can place the unit directly over your head to get the best results from it.

shdw633

I sent an email to Scentlok asking if the Nano put out as much ozone as the Radial 400B and they just responded back that it does not put out as much ozone and is designed for compact places and is not adequate for even large rooms.

Bubba_1122

I hang my hunting clothes on dowels in a large Brute trash can with the Nano running. No clue to what extent that works.

I have hung it on a hanger in the tree but no clue if it works at all or not (in the stand would be a bonus if it works).

shdw633

I hang my hunting clothes on dowels in a large Brute trash can with the Nano running. No clue to what extent that works.

I have hung it on a hanger in the tree but no clue if it works at all or not (in the stand would be a bonus if it works).

The unit works well in confined areas as you are using it on your cloths; however, all you are doing by using it in the stand is wearing out the ozone element which will cause your unit to fail much quicker than if you just used in on your clothing. Any benefit you are getting out of the unit while using in the field is because you have removed the odors from your clothing and not from the unit itself. I would utilize it as you are for your clothing and other small confined places, like your pickup truck or getting odors out of a refrigerator and get a longer life out of it. JMO.