Seasonal Feast

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The serviceberries are starting to get ripe here now, so I picked some. Grilled up a coffee-rubbed pork tenderloin with some post oak smoke, and topped it with a serviceberry reduction sauce that I brewed up. Some veggies and garlic bread on the side, along with a "loaded baked tater tater salad" (boiled baby Yukon Golds, grilled bacon, sharp cheddar, green onions, sour cream, and such,) that I got the idea for from a Food Network "Fire Masters" episode I watched yesterday morning. Friends and neighbors, this was good! Really good. The picture has 10,000 calories. :bounce:

pork-tenderloin.jpg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Wow!!! Beautiful Plate!!!! Had to be tasty!!!!

Hoss

Man that looks good. Think you need your own show on the food network - The Hillbilly Chef Or Cooking Like a Hillbilly.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man that looks good. Think you need your own show on the food network - The Hillbilly Chef Or Cooking Like a Hillbilly.
I have a radio face, not a tv face. And they'd have to subtitle it. :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
What is a serviceberry similar to? Never heard of them
Serviceberry is a small native tree that has white flowers early in the spring, and is loaded with berries now. The berries looks and taste similar to blueberries, A little more red and a bit more tart. They are excellent.