Sebile and the Spoon w/pics

Scout'nStripers

I've been taking off work at noon and hitting the lake for the afternoon bite. The day before yesterday I was cruising a creek and saw a few loons working around a point and pulled up on a massive school of bass and stripers. I spend the better part of the next hour reeling in fish. There were times when the spoon wouldn't make it down to the bottom and a fish would hammer it. After probably 12-15 fish I just got tired of catching them and moved on. I like to put my fish in the live well when this happens because sometimes a released fish can spoil the bite IMO. I pulled into a little cove and to a pic of my biggest 5 before releasing them back in the same area.

Yesterday I decided to choose another creek and do some searching for schools to spoon. I looked for 2 hours, driving through ditches and looking in pocket. It was slow but if you can find some loons working in water 30-50 in depth there's probably going to be some fish under the loons. I found this to be the case for the last few days. Anyways, I just caught a couple of small fish with the spoon in the new areas but no schools like the day before. I pulled into a pocket where some fish had been surfacing right before dark and right on cue they came up again and I was able to boat a few on the Sebile before the school disappeared. Water temps were 58-60 yesterday when I left the lake at dusk.

Attachments

• Monday7.jpg
    Monday7.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 521
  • Monday5.jpg
    Monday5.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 519
  • Monday4.jpg
    Monday4.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 522
  • Monday3.jpg
    Monday3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 518
  • Monday6.jpg
    Monday6.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 518
  • 20171128180533(1).jpg
    20171128180533(1).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 522
  • 20171128180533(2).jpg
    20171128180533(2).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 518

Scout'nStripers

You on em good Captian,:cool:
Thanks Hawk. Electronics is a must for these deep spooning fish. Here's a little video of the spooning technique. Folks ask me about how to get the big ones. You have to wade through the little guys to get the occasional big one. The big ones are mixed in, they are just harder to get. Here's a little video from yesterday and a screen shot of a good school.

Attachments

• sonar.jpg
    sonar.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 365

Scout'nStripers

Jim, What kind of spoon are they hitting? Thanks.
There's a lot of different kinds that work right now. I like War Eagle and Flex-it. Some of these fish are deep in the timber so sometimes I use one that I make because it's easier on the pocketbook.

Attachments

• spoons.jpg
    spoons.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 345
  • spoon.jpg
    spoon.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 343