Securing a dog kennel to concrete slab

cuda67bnl

Couple of small "L" brackets, bolted to the pen frame, and then bolted to the slab.

T.P.

Banned
Jody, I would get a 1/4 x 3 x 3 plate with a 4" stub of pipe that would fit inside your fence post and punch one hole in the plate to wedge anchor it to the slab. Are you ever around Jefferson? I could build you 4 of them in 10 minutes if you are over this way.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Above is a good suggestion if the slab is already poured.

If you haven't poured the slab yet you may want to consider this method.

After the slab is formed for pouring drive some pipes or re bar into the ground at the exact location of the corner pipes of the kennel. You can sit the kennel on it before the pour to assure it fits. Then pour and finish the slab. Your kennel should fit perfectly onto the pipes or bars sticking up in the slab.
You can drill through and bolt it if you wish.

cuda67bnl

Much easier to clean and wash out the kennel if it isn't sitting flush on the slab.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Jody, I would get a 1/4 x 3 x 3 plate with a 4" stub of pipe that would fit inside your fence post and punch one hole in the plate to wedge anchor it to the slab. Are you ever around Jefferson? I could build you 4 of them in 10 minutes if you are over this way.

That is how I did it. But most of those kennels are panels with a continuous rails for outside frame not posts.

You want to be sure to have about 2 inches of clearance under the bottom rail. Bolt down down 6" pcs. of PT 2x4 with redheads on each corner and under the gate support. Then use plumbing or emt pipe straps to attach the panel rails to the 2x4s.

JuliaH

My kennels are not secured and there are 7 of them with active dogs in them. They stay put pretty well and are easy to clean just sitting on the legs of the kennels...

Julia

harryrichdawg

I would use sleeve anchors drilled into the slab and bolts through the horizontal pipes near each corner so that you can torque them down pretty good without bending the pipes down and closing up your 2" gap.