Seeing a few in east GA

ghadarits

1603821095810.jpeg
Checked on of my holes this past weekend and was surprised to see these in town already. They could be from the canned hunt place near Lavonia I have killed a few banded toeless green heads here in the past.

Bearit

I’ve seen a fair amount of mallards also scouting this past week on a river in South Georgia. Never seen them this early. I’m wandering if all the hurricane action around Louisiana and Mississippi has redirected a few birds our way

hrstille

THIS^^^^^^^^

Ain't no mallards migrating to Ga in late Oct. Most were still in Canada then.

Bearit

For one to assume mallards don’t migrate in October could be considered ignorant. I never said I saw migrating mallards on a river in South Georgia. I simply said I saw more than one group of mallards, which I have never seen mallards on this river in my

Quackmasterofgeorgia

THIS^^^^^^^^

Ain't no mallards migrating to Ga in late Oct. Most were still in Canada then.
The past few years I have had pintails, black ducks, gadwalls, and spoonbills on a pond starting in early October through late October. So mallards might not be but other ducks are.

Rulo

Saw a pair of snow geese (yes snow geese) one pure white the other white and grey) flying over Buford Dam.....the other day.........

these were snow geese......which are on the small side......

Duckbuster82

The past few years I have had pintails, black ducks, gadwalls, and spoonbills on a pond starting in early October through late October. So mallards might not be but other ducks are.

Those ducks migrate to migrate. That is why places like Texas, Louisiana and other states have their Souther zones come in earlier than the northern portions that winter mallards.

ghadarits

Two of them won’t be migrating in the future after this morning so the arguments over for them. Neither had caned hunt distinguishing marks. No bands and all of their toes in tact.