Seeking camp host or volunteer postion in GA

Davis31052

Hello all,
I was previously diligent follewer of the GON forums. After we came out west about 5 yrs ago, I kinda slacked off. Now that I am planning to retire in a week, we are lookiing for paid or volunteer positions at any national, state, COE, etc positions in any part of the southeast. We live full time in our RV so the most important thing for us is a full hook up site. My wife still works remotely from the RV. If anyone knows of any positions not alread listed at GA state parks, Volunteer.gov or USFS, please reach out to me. I am presently working for the USFS as a vehicle fleet manager. computer and people skills are top notch, but I'm not oppsed to some manual camp ground work .

TIA, Eddie

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Check with the Corps Of Engineers at Lake Seminole down here in Southwest Georgia. I believe they`ve done this in the past.

K80Shooter

I saw one yesterday about a attendant needed on a South Carolina lake but I honestly don't know where I saw it. I do remember it was on the Ga side of the state.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I saw one yesterday about a attendant needed on a South Carolina lake but I honestly don't know where I saw it. I do remember it was on the Ga side of the state.
I saw the same was it twin lakes??

creekrunner

There was a position at Madison Blue Springs State Park in Florida recently. Beautiful spring on the Withlacoochee River

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Are you looking for year round in which case FL might be a better place as from my observation most places in GA are spring through the summer only.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
GA Dept of Natural Resources usus camp hosts at some of the camping areas at the public fishing areas. They might use them elsewhere as well.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Hello all,
I was previously diligent follewer of the GON forums. After we came out west about 5 yrs ago, I kinda slacked off. Now that I am planning to retire in a week, we are lookiing for paid or volunteer positions at any national, state, COE, etc positions in any part of the southeast. We live full time in our RV so the most important thing for us is a full hook up site. My wife still works remotely from the RV. If anyone knows of any positions not alread listed at GA state parks, Volunteer.gov or USFS, please reach out to me. I am presently working for the USFS as a vehicle fleet manager. computer and people skills are top notch, but I'm not oppsed to some manual camp ground work .

TIA, Eddie
Corps of engineers at west point lake always have some opportunities at the parks around the lake.

Davis31052

Thanks all! I reached out about the one in Twin Lakes. It is a true contract position which requires admission to some gov systms for submitting bids. Too much red tape. I'll check the others though