Seen any HOT duck activity lately?

Goose

I've been out scouting for ducks as much as possible, and to tell the truth, I haven't been seeing many. I've checked out Lake Oconee, where the Oconee River comes in and I've been looking at a new place on Clarks Hill, where the Broad River comes in. I've been out in the morning and in the afternoon. Not much happening at those two spots.

Anybody been seeing signs of a good season? I sure hope it ain't like last year.

Maybe I should post a prayer request on the spiritual forum for a good duck season . . .

Goose
::; :shoot:

GeauxLSU

Pond in my backyard (Gwinnett) has filled up the last 10 days with Canadas and a marked increase in Woodies and Mallards. Also saw (I think) a teal at lunch. Only the second time ever! :clap:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

JByrd15

GONetwork Member
We have a beaver pond down in Coweta Co. that is covered up with woodies, mallards, geese, and some teal. Cant wait until opening weekend, should be a good one!!!!

JByrd15

GONetwork Member
10-4, but I think that we got it handled. I hope that you kill some ducks this season. Were do you duck hunt at, anywhere around here???

Last edited:

Smiley

GONetwork Senator District 44
I'm a friend of the family and I'm still waiting on my 2nd hunt there. hint ::ke:

bigunga1

now west point mostly, just moved from roberta....

have a club just north of grantville, first year in it though... i'm the only ducker out of four members...

hunt with friends in moreland and fairburn...and where ever else i can get an invite....

i hunt 3-5 days a week and usually go by myself.... :shoot:

JByrd15

GONetwork Member
Smiley, I told you that you can come with me anytime that you want to, but o no you have to go out to Arkansas all of the time, what is so good about out there its not like they got any ducks. ::ke:

JByrd15

GONetwork Member
Just got back from deer hunting tonight in Coweta Co., I saw more ducks tonight then deer. Flocks (15 or 20 in each group) of woodies were flying over me when it started getting dark. Looks like its going to be a good season for some woodies. :clap: :fine:

grayhill

plenty of ducks...

checked one swamp I hunt the other evening. I saw about 75 woodies and a hand full of mallards come in and roost. I've got another swamp that I haven't had a chance to check yet. I'm not seeing many on the lake yet.(west point).... I'm ready to hunt but I have a fishing tournament on opening weekend Saturady and Sunday...good luck to all......