Sell me on a Boss Buck 200lb gravity feeder

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Plenty on the ground for the little ones to eat.KIMG1763.JPG

Mark K

Banned
I would imagine about the time they are weaned they can reach it if they really wanted to. Most just wait for momma to drop a few pellets.

Madsnooker

I have a Banks Feed Bank feeder, basically same.thing as the Boss, that mounts on a 4x4. Tubes are 36" off the ground. Filled it a while back and went back a couple days later and it was empty and covered in mud with the ground all around chewed up where they had been rooting. Put up cameras after the fact and found them coming back but no pictures of them actually in it as it was empty.

Saw in another thread someone suggest putting tubes at 44" to keep hogs out. Think next time I fill mine I'm going to find a way to raise the tubes to at least 40" and the lil un's will just have to suck up whatever mama drops.

Also I put a piece of 5" pvc pipe around the post to keep coons from climbing it and doing acrobatics to get to the tubes. To my surprise I started getting pics of them doing acrobatics on the tubes and couldn't figure it out. Finally got a picture of one and low and behold a SECOND was on a low hanging limb, about 3' above the feeder. They we're climbing that tree and jumping down on top of the feeder to get to it. That limb disappeared the next week. No more coon problem

These are my personal experiences. Hope it helps. Good luck.
The bottom of feeding tubes should be 42 inches off the ground.
We have 4 300# banks feeders and we love them. We have hogs but they cant bother then. We also have 6" PVC over the 4x4 post and works perfect for keeping squirrel's out.

Mark K

Banned
For what it’s worth, I put my Boss Buck in a new area Monday evening and got pics of deer using it that first night feeding Antler Xtreme. Some were a little shy at first until the first deer showed them how it was done, lol.
Just starting to see a little growth on the bucks. June should be a good month.

GottaGetOutdoors

I have started using Hang 'Em High Feeders made in TX. Cranks down to ground level for easy stand-n-fill. Then cranks back up to seal against the lid that is permanently mounted up top. Stands 15' tall and is virtually coon and hog proof. Mine are spaced roughly 1 per 250 acres and dispensing roughly 6-8 lbs of corn daily. On our managed lands, the objective is to monitor the herd with cellular cameras, not to supplemental feed.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61613.jpg

Last edited:

Albuds

boss buck feeders are basically a thin fiberglass , highly prone to being eaten by coons, tree rats and birds and bears like to knock them over and hogs as well. don't waste your money on them go with an all metal feeders .
I’ve had three 350lb Boss Buck feeders in the field year around for 10 years.
Over that time have 100’s of photos showing raccoons hanging from the feeders. None are chewed up in any way.
Installed Boss Buck’s metal feet with tee posts two years ago after hogs became an issue. Despite numerous visits shown on game cams massive boars haven’t managed to knock one over.
Deer, including groups of bucks, use them continuously.
Highly recommend them.

Highintheshoulder

Banks feeder. where theres a will theres away with the coons.

Attachments

• MFDC1495.JPG
    MFDC1495.JPG
    435.5 KB · Views: 20
  • MFDC5410.JPG
    MFDC5410.JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 20

erhunter

I've had spin feeders for years and went to the Boss Bucks last season and what a difference. No noise like you get from the spin feeder. It's like a buffet for them with the BB as to where the spin feeders throw it out they eat and it's gone until the spinner goes off again. The bucks and does seem to stay in the area longer and bed up close by the BB. If you keep them full the deer have no reason to wander looking for a food source. The 200 lb will hold 7- 5gallon buckets of corn that with my deer heard will last 1.5 weeks. I recently purchased the 350 lb feeder to give it a try to see how long it will hold corn. The coons cannot destroy these things. Very strong and durable. We have 1 feeder for every 100 acres. My pictures from last season proved everything to me. The bucks love them!!
Honestly, do you get a good number of daytime pics? My trouble w gravity feeders is the deer come at night and then they come gorge and I’m out of corn in a week or two.
I never really thought my corn contributes much to the deers overall food intake, I thought it was more like a dessert. In other words I never thought my big bucks would bed close to the corn but rather pick a good bed on their own.

Highintheshoulder

Honestly, do you get a good number of daytime pics? My trouble w gravity feeders is the deer come at night and then they come gorge and I’m out of corn in a week or two.
I never really thought my corn contributes much to the deers overall food intake, I thought it was more like a dessert. In other words I never thought my big bucks would bed close to the corn but rather pick a good bed on their own.
I've had 5000 pictures in a months time and most are during the day. Don't get me wrong they do come in at night also . I've had feed in mine since July and I've had to fill it up twice.