Seminole Co. Ramblings

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
40 up to 44, at lake Seminole today with a steady breeze and overcast. Water is high and cold protecting the hydrilla problem.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
What a Tuesday, It's rained all day at lake Seminole.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Feb 3rd, was a windy day at Lake Seminole. Saw very few boats on the lake today, but some dared brave the winds. Water is high, clear and cold.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Another windy day on Seminole, but I did see some bass boats running around.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole continues to be at a high level, hiding all those stumps, and protecting the hydrilla from the cold weather.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole is high and stained. The Flint river looks like coffee with cream.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Need 20 degree weather for a couple of days?
Exactly, that would knock the weeds down. But that's not how it's been going. Cold fronts come through, waters high. Warms up, waters low. Some say the lake can't stand a draw down. I remember a few years ago, during a summer drought, It was mud out to the end of a 100 foot dock. Nature did it, the corp can't do anything that's beneficial for outdoor activities. Not in Seminole.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seeing more boat traffic come by our dock this week. Lots of pontoons. Buck bass is fanning a bed at the dock. He's early I think.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole is high again. Bass bedding

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
On Seminole this afternoon. Lake is stained, low and the wind was terrible. Too much boat traffic to enjoy catfishing. Had one bite. Local store was out of all bait.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Light rain off and on at lake Seminole today, temps are in the 50's.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Pine pollen has begun. Low water.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Corp has kept Lake Seminole very low for several days now. Giving the hydrilla plenty sunlight so it can have a growing boost for the summer. Warm days has the aquatic weeks growing already. That's how it looks.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well, my password wouldn't work for a long time, but it worked today. I've been busy putting in food plots in the hunting woods, and tying up to a favorite stump in lake Seminole to catch a mess or two of fish. First trip out in a long while because the weather hasn't been favorable. Began catching big shellcrackers right off, then after 15 of those, the big cats showed up. Largest cat weighed 8 pounds. Quit and went home, that was more than I wanted to clean at the time. Winds have been so bad, I have to tie up to something. Between the wind and big bass boats going by, anchors wont hold very well. Big waves causes the anchors to move a few feet each time.

Attachments

• fiahapr11.jpeg
    fiahapr11.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 16
  • fishapr11b.jpeg
    fishapr11b.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 16

twtabb

I need to know where that stump is.
Creek is high and muddy but coming down. Rains tomorrow May get it stirred up again.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Looks like bad weather could be with us until Wed of next week or so. The rivers are a mess, nasty looking right now. Should be easy to find my stump, there's only a million of them out there...lol
It's fun fishing when I can only keep up with one pole. Glad I had put new line on my reels, and had a couple new reels with new line on them also,.