Seminole Co. Ramblings

twtabb

Cruised by today left around the old power dam and went to Big Jim’s for a sandwich. Motored back up the creek to the house. Son took a few cast around some boat docks but no action.

Thread starter #285

Son

Cruised by today left around the old power dam and went to Big Jim’s for a sandwich. Motored back up the creek to the house. Son took a few cast around some boat docks but no action.
Specks are back in Turkey pond now, They come and go. Catching them trolling with small diving baits or rattletraps. Some are nice.

Thread starter #288

Son

Word is, the carp gates are not operational, and no grass carp have been stocked. I believe it because shellcrackers and bream are beginning to show up at my dock again. Also seeing some good size tilapia. Didn't see this when the gates were working before hurricane Michael of 2018.

twtabb

Sitting in my swing up the creek. Watching sun going down drinking a cocktail. No boat traffic. Just watching the grass clumps float down stream.
Yard bird on the grill.

Thread starter #290

Son

Crackers are on the beds, too many people on the lake for me. So, I cleaned yards today, checked the dock and boat and just took it easy this afternoon. Yesterday, worked on one of the hog traps. And went pond fishing for fliers and warmouth.

Thread starter #291

Son

farming has so much dust in the air, the sinuses know all about it. At the dock this morning there was a dust film on top of the water. Couldn't see past it. So, I cranked the outboard and kicked it out so I could see around the dock.

Thread starter #293

Son

Lake Seminole continues to be low. Folks are wearing those shellcracker beds out. I've caught plenty just random fishing, not on beds.

Thread starter #294

Son

Good rain today, lake is still down a bit. Water is clear in most areas.

Thread starter #296

Son

Seminole is so low, I can go under the bridge to the island with the top up on the pontoon boat. Thought the boys would be coming for Mothers Day, and we would go out and catch some shellcrackers, but they called instead. I would go, but not in the mood for cleaning fish. And it's more fun with company.