Seminole Co. Ramblings

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Thanks. I`ll be another week or so before I can get down there. I figure there might be some specks to be caught.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
People i know are were doing good up river from trails end. Fishing where ever they find hycinths or log jams. Fishing straight down. But one fellow said, that's over until the river clears a bit.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Must be a bass tournament on Lake Seminole tomorrow. Dozens of bass boats have fished past the dock this morning and more coming down the channel. Pine pollen covering the surface, so it's difficult to see. No bass beds in my dock area yet. It's hot today.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole remains high and stained. Saw lots of folks fishing today though. Cypress pond landing was full of parked rigs.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lakes back down some, clearing up a bit if you're out of the main lake and rivers. Caught a mess of fish off the new dock. Had em for supper with cheese grits, baked beans, hush puppies and sweet iced tea.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tournament fishermen showing up today to begin hunting big bass for an upcoming tournament. This means, the boat will be constantly rocking is i go speck or panfish fishing. Some of those bass boats cost as much as my house.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Overcast and windy day with threatening clouds with showers kept me from going out on the boat. Wanting some fish, caught three nice bass off the dock on a Rapala. More than enough for the two of us. Had four more strikes, but they missed getting hooked.

Attachments

• IMG_20180228_180934470_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180228_180934470_HDR.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 118

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Still enjoying the dock. Catching enough to satisfy our fish needs with warmouth, bream and shellcrackers. Have also hung into a couple huge bass, lost both in the bonnets, a stump or whatever is out there. Next time the boat is in the water, will check that spot out. Can't beat those warmouth perch for eating. A thick fish, and some are taking a 7 inch black plastic worm.

Attachments

• IMG_20180516_204939954.jpg
    IMG_20180516_204939954.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 51

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
With recent and current rains, I've opted to stay off Lake Seminole and do some dock fishing. Not catching any limits off the dock, but am getting all we need for eating. Shellcrackers, bream and bass have been doing well up until this last week. Don't know if it's due to all the rain or what, but the bass bite has been off. Bream and shellcrackers have slowed down at the dock too. I'm right next to Cypress Pond. Bass pictured was caught off the dock last week. An 8 foot gator almost got it before i could net it. How close? Well, the gator knocked scales off one side right behind the gills. If this keeps on, gator control will be notified.

Attachments

• IMG_20180529_135856366.jpg
    IMG_20180529_135856366.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 32

twtabb

That’s a nice one Son. You must be fishing after those afternoon rains we been getting. It came a good one in Miller county today about 5:00.
Can’t stay ahead of the grass. It’s growing fast with all that rain.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nice fish, Son. We can`t even fish off our dock anymore because the hydrilla, lily pads, and coontail is so thick. 30 years ago we could swim around it. No more.

Buckman18

I’ve never fished or been on Seminole. I’d like to try it. I’m sure it’s a different universe than up here, but it’d be fun to see something different!

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Specks are biting in Seminole, but you have to find them. Cold knocked some of the choking vegetation down, but hasn't hurt it too bad. It will again be a problem early summer this year.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well, due to age, finally had to go for a boat with comfort in mind. Still catching fish, so I'll keep it. Bass Buggy Sun tracker 18 with a 60, with the big foot. Moves along just over 20 mph easily. Great open water fishing boat with family members. Lake Seminole is stained by the rivers, and at a high water mark. Bass fishermen today said, the bite is off with water temp at 54 degrees. Come March, buck bass should be moving in to set up beds. Females will be laying off a bit deeper, probably under all that grass.

Attachments

• cypresspond.jpg
    cypresspond.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 18

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Since buying the pontoon, the bass boat is lonely, but when the grandson comes around, it gets used. Had to rebuild the shed after hurricane Michael hit us in 2018.

Attachments

• boat in .jpg
    boat in .jpg
    556.4 KB · Views: 18

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Living next to Cypress pond at lake Seminole. Hurricane Michael got our house, trees and sheds. Lucky we had the boats out of the water, and lucky nothing fell on them. Kept us off the water for months as we tried to get back to normal, clear up around the dock. It was also some time before some of the channels could be used due to trees being down in them. Many channel markers were gone or displaced.

Attachments

• Hurricane Michael 2018.jpg
    Hurricane Michael 2018.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20190428_174626184.jpg
    IMG_20190428_174626184.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 31

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
With so much coming down the Chattahoochee and Flint rivers from all the recent rain. It would be best to be careful even in channels out in the main lake. Last time out, we went over something in a channel, took the transducer off the back. Some floating debree, logs etc can be just under the surface.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Nice day, charged the toon battery up and went fishing for a spell in Seminole. Caught one small jack. Had one small bass hit at the lure several times, never got hooked. Should have been catfishing.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Checking the boat at the dock after dark, found three gators out tonight. All right near our dock. Thought it would be too cool, but guess not. Our peach trees are blooming, citrus trees putting on new growth. Hope a late freeze don't mess my trees up. Also have a lemon tree full of bloom. Crossing my fingers.